Friday, September 2, 2011

"My Room"

Since Crosby hasn't seemed to feel like himself all week, I've been worried that his ear(s) might be infected after all the coughing/congestion. Alexee and I took him to the pediatrician this morning, and he does have an ear infection in his left ear. He started his antibiotic this afternoon and will hopefully feel much better in a day or two. Our doctor told me that there were 48 Saturday clinic visits last weekend...up from 16 and 14 the previous two Saturdays. School starting = germs everywhere!

sweet boy waiting for the doctor
(Can you see Alexee? She always wants to surprise Dr. B.)
Tonight Rhett and Alexee wanted to play school. They assigned me the job of principal, Alexee was the teacher and Rhett was the security guard. R handed me a notebook and clipboard and told me I might want to make notes as I visited the classrooms. As I opened the notebook to find a blank page to write on, I saw this story called "My Room" that he'd written recently...so sweet. I thought of Ryan's post about the kids' rooms at the children's home during her trip to Africa. Her photos were so moving. At the end of her post she said, "Do these pictures not make you feel humbled and blessed?" I hope our kids always have thankful hearts...even for things that may seem so simple like a comfortable bed in a room to call their own.
(I thought it was cute that he gave himself an "A+++" and a smiley face on the paper!)

1 comments:

Ryan V. said...

Thanks for the link! It definitely makes me feel blessed to come home to our house and our big comfy bed. There are so many things we take for granted. Makes me want to adopt as many of those kids as I can and give them everything I can! What a cute little story from Rhett. I also like that he gave himself an A+++ :) Too cute!