Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Easter Parties & Dentist Appointments

This is a big week at R's school. They are having their annual standardized testing (Tu-Th). Here he is this morning--ready to go. I'm sure the kids (and teachers) will be so happy to be finished with the testing. The good thing is NO regular homework and NO spelling test this week!

Crosby and Alexee did not have the stress of testing today. Instead, they had their Easter parties at MDO! They were very excited to help fill the plastic eggs with candy last night and take them to their classes today. (No Easter baskets allowed :( For convenience, A's class was asked to bring a dozen eggs in an egg carton, and C's class was asked to use a Zip-loc bag.)
On the way to class
I took A's picture by the "All About Arkansas" wall that they've been working on recently. They've learned about the state flag, state flower, state tree, etc.
apple blossom
I noticed these for sale in front of the grocery store today--one of my (many) favorite flowers.
Bogart went to get a much-needed haircut today.
There happens to be a bakery next door to the groomer, so I stopped by for a few treats when I went to get B.
The kids had fun at their parties. They ate all of their candy between school and the dentist's office. I had to apologize to the dentist for bringing them in with chocolate-covered teeth. (Surprisingly, no cavities!)
Crosby showing me the eggs that he found at the egg hunt
Alexee made sure to find only pink and purple eggs during her hunt
I always love getting the kids' artwork
At the door to the dentist's office
Alexee's turn--she and Rhett both did great. R got x-rays and everything looked good.
I wasn't sure how cooperative Crosby would be. He didn't want to sit in the chair alone, but he did okay sitting in my lap. It wasn't really a complete cleaning, but he did let them count his teeth, clean the front ones and take a general look at his mouth. When Dr. C peeked in he could tell that Crosby sucks his thumb. He said it's nothing to worry about yet, but said just to talk about it with him and encourage him not to do it.
the treasure box!

2 comments:

Ryan V. said...

I love A's outfit! Crosby is getting so big I can hardly believe the time has passed this fast!!

Candy said...

hilarious that A only collected pink and purple eggs---love it! :)