Nothing very exciting going on this week...
In celebration of it being Friday and having two positive parent/teacher conferences, we stopped by the bakery on the way home from school today.
And I tried a new recipe to go along with our BBQ chicken sandwiches tonight: Paula Deen's Frito and Corn Salad. I thought it was good and I'd make it again, but next time I'll mix the Fritos into individual servings or just serve it as a dip because I'm afraid the leftovers will be soggy.
I got in a spring/crafty mood tonight and got the sewing machine out of the closet to try to make a bunny tea towel. (I don't really know how to make ruffles--there is probably a much simpler way.) I used a fabric scrap from something I'd done for Alexee a long time ago, added a strip of grosgrain ribbon and sewed a button on for the tail. Can't wait for spring! The weather keeps teasing us...we've had some 60+ degree days lately, but then Wednesday we had sleet and yesterday it was cold and rainy and it even hailed a few times! It seems like a long time since the lawns have been pretty and green.The kids wanted to have a sleepover in Rhett's room again tonight. When I left the room, R and C were in the bed and A was in her sleeping bag writing by flashlight. :)
Have a good weekend!






2 comments:
What a pretty teatowel! Love the sleepovers.
Jamie, I think you can do ANYTHING!! Love the bunny tea towel! Love how your kids want to sleep in each other's room!!
Post a Comment