On Monday Crosby asked if we could go to Chick-fil-A to play and eat. We had a fun little lunch date, just us. He ate all of his kid's meal plus the "fruit-ons" off my salad, and we shared a chocolate chip cookie which he wanted to go order and pay for himself. He made a new friend in the play area. He's such a fun little guy to hang out with! :)
I think all that climbing burned a lot of energy. I had to wake him up to go get R & A at school. I waited until the last possible minute before we had to leave, then carried him to the car half-asleep.
That afternoon Micaela, Jaiden and Jeryn were planning to come over after school to play, bring Alexee a birthday gift and eat leftover cupcakes! The kids were excited when I told them we were having company! We came home and made lemonade (my Grandmother's recipe: juice of 3 lemons, 1 1/2 c. sugar, 1/2 gallon water.) Yum!
Always fun to play with cousins--thanks for coming to visit!
Wednesday the boys had haircut appointments after school, then they asked to pick up milkshakes from Purple Cow. From there we went to meet some friends at the park. It wasn't as warm as I thought it was going to be though, so we didn't stay too long--we were all cold. Maybe we're trying to rush spring a little too much!?Alexee got to bring her first book home from the school library this week. There was a note inside that said "Please listen to me read tonight". She did a great job. It took a while, but she read most of the words by herself and she was really proud.
She also made me this card. :) I love our matching dresses.
Crosby had Cole over to play one morning, and they had a (chilly) picnic lunch on the deck.Thursday afternoon was Alexee's 6 year check-up. The nurse called us back while I was taking Crosby to the bathroom, but luckily Rhett went with her and knew to capture the moment. :)
(50.5 lbs., 46.75", 77% for both)
R worked on his homework while we were there.
And as usual, A and C hid under the table to yell "surprise!" at Dr. B.
Friday night was the Sweetheart Ball at school (Daddy/Daughter Dance). They had a great time--I will do a separate post on that sweet event! Saturday morning Lane took the kids to pick up donuts.
Then Alexee worked on her valentine tags for her classmates. I told her she didn't have to do them all at once, but she wanted to go ahead and get it done--love that! We still need to do the boys' valentines and get supplies for their school parties on Thursday. Should be a fun and busy week.















1 comments:
LOVE all of this post, esp. that R went back with A at the Dr. and knew to take a picture!!! That is awesome!!! :)
Post a Comment