Rhett is adjusting very well to his new Kindergarten routine. He gets up bright and early and comes downstairs to watch cartoons and get dressed. He has a new chore chart, so he has even been doing some of those--such as feeding Bogart and taking out the kitchen trash. Wish I was a morning person like him! He continues to be excited about going to school (I realize this was only day 4), and he has no complaints other than the wait for me to pick him up in carpool line. He seems confident about all the new things involved with school, which I'm thankful for. I told him on the way to school today that Miss J sent a note home encouraging students to memorize their student ID# because they'd only get to wear their number necklaces for two more weeks. I said, "We'll work on memorizing that." He then told me his ID number. I laughed and said, "Guess that's done." I'm so anxious to pick him up each afternoon and hear about his day. It's so good to see his sweet face when I arrive. He's always excited to open up his backpack and start showing me things right there in line! I keep telling him that it's a really busy place and I have to pay extra close attention to my driving to make sure I don't hit someone.

Exhibit B: (Friday when I woke her up from nap)
My sister was actually there visiting Friday and she tried to hold Alexee and comfort her, but Alexee just hit her. Crosby, however, just sort of goes with the flow. He was getting really sleepy snuggled up with Aunt Kala.
So we came home and decided to lunch outside on the grass. I had a glass of iced tea, but a hammock (and two trees to attach it to) would have been nice! The kids were a little bit stressed out about ants at first, but I finally convinced them to relax and just enjoy being outside. While they were worrying about ants attacking our picnic, Bogart snatched most of their food. I think he ate an entire turkey and cheese sandwich, several Cheetos and maybe a fruit snack or two.
Hiding from the camera.
Rhett thought it was funny that I said Bogart should definitely get dessert because he ate a good lunch.
On Sunday I went back to volunteering in the church cafe, which was fun. I've been on "maternity leave" since March, so it was good to see everyone. So Crosby went to the nursery for the first time. :( He did fine. He slept through the first service (in his car seat), then I went to feed him between services. I got paged during the very last song of second service, but the nursery workers said he wasn't too upset, they just didn't want me to visit too long because he was starting to get fussy. It was sad to leave him in the nursery for some reason. If Lane has to work on Sundays this fall, I might sneak back into the newborn care room with Crosby and pretend he's tiny again. I wish I could keep him this size for a looong time--he's so sweet and cuddly and fun.



7 comments:
I love that R has so much to share with you at the end of every day... I LOVED those moments after school was out.
Poor A... she's having to adjust too. Bless her little sleepy heart.
How much do I love Alexee chewing on her blanket while sitting on the bed with Rhett? So sweet. I love this phase.
Schäfer's Raffe has just about lost his ears and horns. Chew. Chew. Chew.
Bless Alexee's heart for not getting her nap out. It's so hard to change a schedule.
I look and feel exactly like Alexee about this new routine!!! And it's only day 2!
Ella Grace loved looking at this post with me! She said, "Why Alexee cryin'? LOL! I only wish EG would still take a nap. She rarely naps anymore, and when she does it seems a lot later until she goes to bed at night. I miss naptime! LOL! She also said, "I want a toilet like that baby." I told her it was a chair and she used to have one. LOL! She also REALLY liked Bogart! Looks like you guys are staying busy and having lots of fun along the way!
I am glad that I am not the only one who hates to leave my baby in the nursery!Cute family! I love reading posts about bigger kids so I can get excited about the years to come.
I am rolling over here at "exhibit A and B"...I've nearly recovered form the black eye she gave me last Friday ;) Loos like ya'll have been super busy! Miss you guys!
I am sooooo with Alexee on having to get up early :o) I am so impressed Rhett does his chores before school in the morning...what a good little boy :o)
Post a Comment