Lane didn't have to work this weekend, so it has been great having time with him. Yesterday we left the house early and took the kids to get donuts for breakfast. From there, we went to a local children's museum. We'd never been there before--it was really neat! I think Rhett & Alexee enjoyed it, and Crosby was content in the stroller.
Here's Lane working on the puzzle map of Arkansas:

Rhett & Alexee sitting beside the finished map:
This was the entrance to the play area for children age 6 and under. They liked the sleeping dragon who could open his eyes. Alexee was scared of him at first, but then decided he was fun.Inside the play area they had lots of cool things--like a ship to climb on and slide from:
and a lighthouse to climb up in with horns to sound at the top:
Outside was an old tractor to climb on. I like this picture of Alexee wrapping her arm around her brother (or was she trying to wrestle him away from the steering wheel so she could have a turn?).
I took this from the car window as we were going to find a parking place. This building (behind the parking deck) is significant because that's where Lane and I met! We were both working for a public accounting firm on the 19th floor. That seems like such a long time ago (fall 1999)...and now we're driving by it to take our three kids to the museum!
After the museum, we went to the Old State House, which is very interesting.


Then we walked a short distance to a hotel to see the ducks in the lobby and ride the cool glass elevators!


and a lighthouse to climb up in with horns to sound at the top:
Outside was an old tractor to climb on. I like this picture of Alexee wrapping her arm around her brother (or was she trying to wrestle him away from the steering wheel so she could have a turn?).
I took this from the car window as we were going to find a parking place. This building (behind the parking deck) is significant because that's where Lane and I met! We were both working for a public accounting firm on the 19th floor. That seems like such a long time ago (fall 1999)...and now we're driving by it to take our three kids to the museum!
After the museum, we went to the Old State House, which is very interesting.

Then we walked a short distance to a hotel to see the ducks in the lobby and ride the cool glass elevators!




2 comments:
I love that Little Rock has such fun things to do downtown. Don't you just love the Room to Grow in the Museum of Discovery? It is so neat. We were downtown on Saturday, at the Main Library. They had Tommy Terrific's Magic Show. Kathryn laughed so hard. It was so funny for kids that age.
That looks like so much fun! I cannot wait to take Chloe to the Children's Museum in Memphis the next time we are there! Have you ever been to that one?
Post a Comment