Mom brought me this newspaper article when she visited yesterday. I had no idea there was a National S'mores Day, but I think it sounds like a great idea. After all, August is in need of a good holiday. Per the article:
"To celebrate National S'mores Day, The Hershey Co. encourages Americans to try a staycation or a backyard getaway. Pack up items as if you were packing for a faraway camping trip...Build a campfire, another essential element to every campout, especially on National S'mores Day."
We might choose one (or two or three) :) of the recipes and celebrate on August 10th. 

S'mores Bars
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/3 cups flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
51.55 ounce milk chocolate candy bars
3 cups miniature marshmallows
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8" square baking pan.
Beat butter and sugar together in a large bowl until well blended. Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
In another bowl stir together flour, graham cracker crumb, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture, beating until blended.
Press half the dough into the prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes.
Arrange chocolate bars over baked layer, breaking some into pieces, if necessary. They may not quite all fit, so you may be forced to eat a couple of of pieces. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Scatter remaining dough over the marshmallows, forming a top layer.
Bake 10-15 minutes or until just lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting.
Serves 16.
______________
I kept the recipe for this dessert from a recent magazine--S'mores ice cream cake. This might be a good recipe to try, too!? 



2 comments:
So fun! I'll have to think of something to do. Hubs thinks this is a conspiracy by the marshmallow industry. ha! ha!
I LOVE S'mores. I enjoyed your potato story!!!!!!! Haha!
Post a Comment