We had a super fun time at the lake today with L's parents. Lane and the kids had a blast playing in the cove.
Is it just my imagination, or is she a CUTIE!? :)
Rhett jumping off the dock.

It was really fun to see my friend, Gretchan, and her family there. Her parents have a condo just a few buildings down from L's parents. We realized this a while back, but today was the first time we've seen each other there! Rhett and Gretchan's son, Ramsey, had a lot of fun paddling around in Ramsey's boat. They found a dead fish in the water, and as most little boys would, they paddled right over to pick it up!
Rhett & Ramsey jumping together.

After the swimming, we went in for lunch. L's parents made a delicious meal: chicken, corn, green beans, rolls, baked potatoes, watermelon, sweet tea and brownies.
Just before going inside for lunch, Alexee and I stepped on some ants down by the water, and we got stung. Alexee cried just a little bit, but I thought it was just because she didn't like the idea of bugs on her--I didn't realize they were stinging her until I felt one sting me. Lane took her in to spray the bites, and I stayed out with Rhett a little bit longer. By the time I got in, I was covered in hives and itching like CRAZY. Even the inside of my ears itched. I was so glad the bites didn't cause Alexee to have an allergic reaction--she seemed to be fine after Lane sprayed her feet.
After lunch we went out for a quick boat ride before the rain cloud moved in. L's mom stayed with Crosby who was taking a peaceful nap in his car seat. R & A loved bouncing around in the boat--the water was kind of rough today, but they didn't mind at all.



Bobba, Rhett & Alexee enjoying the ride.

Our driver, Lane.

I had to take a picture of this because this was the first time this has happened since our drive to Gulf Shores in May 2008 (and even then she only slept 30 minutes of the 10 hour drive)! I think all the swimming was very tiring for this sweet girl!

What a fun summer day with family!
5 comments:
She is a CUTIE! I lover he little lady bug floaty. Don't you love it when the kids are just worn out from fun?
She is such a doll! I think they look so cute sound asleep in thier carseats after a long day playing! I am glad ya'll had a fun day.
What a fun time! I love Rhett jumping off the dock and Alexee's ladybug lifejacket! So cute! There is nothing sweeter than a sleeping child!!
What a fun family day!! Not your imagination... that A is adorable!
Yes, Alexee is a CUTIE! And where did you find that adorable life jacket. It is so cute! Hope you are having a fun summer.
Post a Comment