Sunday, August 16, 2009

Weekend fun

We've had a fun weekend. Yesterday we took the kids to a new Nature Center here in central Arkansas. R & A had fun running around looking at all the animal displays, including a bear in a tree, a giant snapping turtle, a snake, eagles and ducks. They also had several giant tanks of live fish. Rhett enjoyed the 12 minute nature video, but Alexee got a little bored during that.
Lane made my picture by my high school mascot, the bobcat.
R & A by the big turtle.
Looking at the fish. No one even fell in!
Then L & R rode the trolley around downtown. A & C were tired and hot, so I took them to the car and waited. We waved at the trolley as it went by.
This morning we had another great sermon from the book of Daniel. Lane took my picture with Crosby on our last day in the newborn care room. Next week is promotion Sunday for all the kids, so we decided it would be a good time to move Crosby to the nursery. :( I will miss being with him in the newborn room, but I am also looking forward to going back to the worship center on Sunday mornings.
This evening R's school had a drop-off time for school supplies. It was fun to see his classroom and visit with his teacher again. Once again, he decided to be shy when she spoke to him. He talks NONSTOP all day every day, then he won't say a word to her!? I guess that will probably change after the first day or two of class. Do they still have the line item "refrains from unnecessary talking" on report cards these days?

A fun safari themed room:
R's assigned seat is right below the huge monkey's feet. He liked the loft area where he and Alexee are climbing.
Yes, I was the nerdy Mom who asked the teacher to have her picture made with us. I don't think R is old enough to be embarrassed by this yet. If he's nice, maybe I won't do this to him when he's going into Jr. High.
Alexee made herself right at home and had fun exploring the classroom. She'd love it if she could just go to school with her brother.

8 comments:

Kelly’s Korner said...

Rhett's classroom is SO nice!!!! Did they have rooms that fun when we were in school? His teacher is so young and pretty!!! I am thinking of you this week - I'm sure it's very bittersweet!

Pigtails & Pearls said...

I will be thinking about you! I know you are so proud of him!

Candy said...

Such a fun classroom! I'm right there with ya! I was the only mom taking pics of Ella and her teacher at preschool open house yesterday! I kinda felt like a dork, but then later wished I had taken more pics of her playing in the classroom. Hope Rhett LOVES school and his sweet sister doesn't miss him too much!

Christel said...

We also have one starting Kindergarten! It's been very exciting and nostaligic for me! I LOVED school supplies, so it's been fun getting Braden ready. Your kids are adorable! I love keeping up with the blogs!

The Jennings said...

I know this is a big week for your family as well. I can't wait to hear about Rhett's first day!

Gretchan

Kristy said...

We were at the Nature Center on Saturday, too. We must have just missed you! Oh, and Rhett's classroom is so neat! Love the decorations. Hope y'all are doing well. I'd love to get together sometime with the little kids.

Leigh Ann said...

Wow! R's teacher went all out in his room. That is fantastic.

Renae said...

How adorable is that classroom!! How creative is that of his teacher..looks like a very warm and inviting place to learn.