Our HAPPY baby boy celebrated his first Christmas yesterday. It was so much fun. In typical Crosby style, he sat quietly and watched all the chaos around him. Rhett and Alexee were sweet to help him open things and show him the gifts. Santa brought him a red wagon, and he looked so cute sitting in it--all smiles.
Today he is 9 wonderful months old, and today is the day he figured out how to crawl! He's been so close for weeks, but this morning he realized how to make his knees go. He'll have all sorts of things to explore now. He also said his first word the weekend before Christmas...he said, "Ma Ma"! Oh how I love this boy! :) I thought that's what he said, but I wasn't sure so I didn't say anything. Mom and Micaela were sitting there in the living room at my parents' house and they both said, "Did you hear him? He said Ma Ma!" Then when Lane's parents came to visit he said it again and they heard him, so I have several witnesses and it's officially going in the baby book as his first word. :) He is trying to pull up on the ottoman and the side of the bath tub and anything else he can get close to. Both R and A both walked right at their first birthdays. I wonder if C will follow that pattern or walk a little earlier.
He is sleeping through the night consistently now--yippee!--I usually wake him up to give him a bottle around 11:30 p.m. and he sleeps from then until about 6:15 a.m. He has three teeth (all on the bottom) and has just started feeding himself little Gerber snacks like puffs and yogurt melts. A lot of them get stuck to his clothes and cheeks, but he has fun trying.
I just started giving him baths in the real tub three nights ago. He sits upright in a little convertible seat so that he doesn't slip. He was instantly fascinated with the water coming from the faucet and liked to put his hands under it. It brought back sweet memories of Rhett at that size because he loved doing that same thing.
It's been an amazing 9 months with this little guy! What a blessing he is!
Update:
At 9 month check-up on 12/31 Crosby weighed 22 lb. 7 oz.
and measured 28 1/2" in length.
Thankful for a healthy boy!











6 comments:
I think Crosby is the cutest and sweetest baby, next to Harper, of course!!! I love little boy babies!!
He will be a sweetheart all his life, I can just tell!!
How exciting that his first word was "mama"! That didn't thrill you too much, did it Jamie??
This post is PRECIOUS, Jamie!! Crosby is certainly a loved baby. You'll remember him crawling on Christmas day forever... I know, cuz Kale walked for the first time on Christmas day back in 1987 at almost 9 months old. See?
Crosby has the sweetest little eyes! So full of expression! : ) Babies are such a gift.
He's so cute! And crawling and saying MaMa. I know you are so proud! What a joy!
Crosby is adorable!! How neat that he decided to crawl on Christmas day :o) I am so glad he is saying MaMa now...sweet, sweet, sweet!! These are the days :o)
That's my sweet nephew! Love that boy! He is SO PRECIOUS.
Post a Comment