***Blogger is not working right for me...pictures and text will not go where I want them to go. Is anyone else experiencing technical difficulties?
_______
Two more Christmas Day pictures:
We had a super busy but productive day on Tuesday. Bogart had to be at the vet early because he had to have surgery to remove a bladder stone. He is sore, but home and doing fine. He'll have to have stitches removed in two weeks, and he has to be on a special diet now (translation: expensive diet) to try to prevent future stones. I'm thankful he is okay--I was worried about him. So Lane took him to the vet and came back home, then a friend of Lane's stopped by to pick up some baby gear that we are passing along to him and his wife. They are expecting their first child in April. I tried to focus on the fact that this meant less stuff for me to cram in the closet so that I didn't get sad and cry in front of Lane's friend. Here's the gear and two of the sweet kids that used most of it!
Then Lane & Rhett rented a truck, picked up Alexee's "big girl bed"/mattress, brought that home, then took stuff from our garage to a small storage unit--lawn mower, leaf blower, spare mattress (wrong size for A's bed, unfortunately), etc. etc. Lane can now park in the garage for the first time since we moved to this house--hooray! Just in time for the January cold blasts that are sure to come our way. Meanwhile I stayed at home to keep A & C and take down all the Christmas decorations--it was a MESS around here! We then returned the rental truck and went to Target to buy sheets for A's new bed. We rushed home to wash those and take down C's old crib (loaned to us from L's parents), take down/move A's crib to C's room and then put up A's new bed (more on that in a later post). We wanted to get all this done in time to return the loaner crib to L's parents the following day when we went to visit them. Whew. We were thrilled when all kids were asleep and we were finally able to sit down on the couch with a Sonic drink and a bowl of popcorn! It feels good to mark things off the to-do list though!
So that brings us to Wednesday. We left early and stopped at the donut shop, then went to Hot Springs for a post-Christmas visit with L's parents and brother's family. Rose Mary cooked a delicious lunch--ham, potato casserole, green beans, salad and bread. She made brownies for dessert and I took a buttermilk pie.
Bobba reading to Alexee:
Grammy feeding Crosby a bottle:









3 comments:
That first picture is PRECIOUS! Sounds like you're moving into another stage with the kiddos. Only one in a crib. A has a big-girl bed!
PS - The countdown is on until "24" starts again!!!!!!!!!!!
I love the pic of all your baby "stuff' lined up! Babies come with alot of stuff, don't they?
Alexee is growing up so quickly! Love the pic of Rosemary feeding Crosby! That's my favorite thing to do. Harper is outgrowing her bottle soon and I will miss holding her to feed her! There is nothing like a baby in your arms!
Happy New Year Jamie to your whole family! Praying that God will bless you in 2010!
your busy day made me tired!! I keep trying to find places for all the big stuff harper has outgrown. I can't give any away yet but I think if we have another baby - I won't be too sad to give things away just because clutter drives me crazy. Or maybe I will be because it means no more babies?
Post a Comment