Another cross section of our everyday lives:
One morning at Krispy Kreme. I like A's hat upside down.

Took this one morning at the grocery store. Love these little feet! While this season of life has its challenges, I can't imagine any stage being any sweeter.
Beautiful flags on Veterans' Day.
Friends for life.
I've been eating this on toast for breakfast. I mostly just like the neat, individually wrapped "slices"!
It makes me happy to see his handwriting! He's improved so much this school year. He is also reading most of his books himself now--it's so neat! It just kind-of clicked, and now he doesn't even seem to stop to sound out most words, he just recognizes them instantly! He wants to read to Crosby and Alexee, which is great!
Playing in the floor.
This was taken on our way to Flippin for Thanksgiving. Rhett had packed the mask in his "go bag" as he calls it. It cracked me up when I looked back and saw him wearing it.
This was on our way back to our house after our trip to Flippin. I know she must have been exhausted because she very very rarely falls asleep in the car.
Since I probably won't be able to get all three of them to sit still for a picture wearing their cute holiday shirts, here's what they look like.
My Dickens Village is on a table in our bedroom. Lane laughed at me (with good reason) when I told him that I like to imagine I'm strolling around in the village, shopping and visiting the old-fashioned candy store! It's so cozy and we never get good snow like this!
Beautiful display at Fresh Market.
Big smile! Wearing my favorite PJs--they were R's when he was a baby.
Bogart after his trip to the groomer last week. The kids love when the groomer ties a bandana around his neck.
Clutter was winning that day, which is pretty common. I remember once upon a time when I lived alone in an apartment and there was never a thing out of place! That's definitely not the case anymore! Look closely and you'll see C peeking around the side of the high chair.
I always go check on the kids before bed. I turned on just enough light to snap a picture of each one this night. Is there anything sweeter!?
Sleeping by the glow of the Christmas lights in his room.
Surrounded by pink blankies.
This was a different time, but so precious. This is the little football softie that Mary Katherine gave him--it stays in his bed every night.
We were getting ready for church on Sunday and Lane told me that Crosby was in Rhett's lap. I went around the corner to see--Rhett had picked him up (from playing on the blanket alone) and was watching cartoons with him. :)
Alexee likes wearing the clothes that her cousin Jaiden loaned her. This was before school on Monday.
Look what he can do--pull up to his knees and hold onto things! He can scoot backward a little bit, but he's still not going forward.
Part of the bedtime routine--books in Alexee's room. Rhett was reading this to her.
Lane got home and took our picture. (Please ignore the window treatments behind the chair--Alexee napping is more important to me than cute curtains.)
Alexee loves for her Daddy to read and sing to her. They also say this every night: L: "Goodnight Alligator."
A: "I'm not alligator."
L: "Ok, goodnight Crocodile."
A: "I'm not Crocodile either. I'm Alexee!"

R's teacher sent home this note yesterday:


R's teacher sent home this note yesterday:
Rhett's Santa wish list this year: rolling office chair, copy machine, file cabinet, office phone (intercom), a safe and an extra wii remote. :) Alexee is still too little to realize she can wish for things I guess, and of course Crosby doesn't care.
Yesterday I got an exciting surprise package in the mail...cute ornaments for each of the kids from MK and these great tiles from Kaye (check out her website for gift ideas!)! I was so thrilled (and so was my sister, Micaela). Thank you SO much!!!




6 comments:
OH my goodness - there is so much on this post to comment on ..... I'll just say I loved EVERY picture.
And the note from Rhett's teacher cracked me up! That boy is one of a kind.
Loved all your pics but especially the ones of them asleep...is there anything sweeter??
Kaye's tiles are just beautiful. She is a wonderful woman!
I LOVE photos of kids sleeping. So sweet! Jaiden's clothes on Alexee are so fun!
Such a fun update! The pics of the kids sleeping are just priceless! I always wanna take pics when my kids are sleeping, but my luck they would wake up! ha! :)
I'm WAY behind in blogworld... getting caught up.
I LOVE your phone photo posts. They are always just a little peak into your lives... and so fun.
I always LOVED checking in on the kids while they were sleeping. It was a favorite thing of mine to do.
Lane and A's bedtime ritual is so sweet... and Rhett is a boy after my own heart!! (It's almost like getting to relive life with Kale) Thanks for sharing with us!!
Enjoy your Christmas week with your family!
I loved reading through these and looking at all the pictures! I love looking through the photos on my phone bc they are not good quality, but you usually snap them because it's a moment you want to remember! Great post Jamie!
Post a Comment