Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

I've had a great day. Lane got C out of bed this morning, and they came to wish me a Happy Mother's Day. Crosby just said, "Happy!", but I knew what he meant. We had a full morning at church. Lane and I served in the cafe, and Rhett helped us today--he learned to operate the cash register, cleaned off tables and restocked supplies. He worked really hard.

(At church. The sun was so bright--we are all squinting.)
Thankful to be their mom
Rhett, How is it possible that you are finishing 1st grade already!? You're growing up so fast. You came up with the idea this afternoon for you and Lex to record Mother's Day messages on my cell phone without me knowing it. After bath-time tonight you called me in your room to show me the video clips, and I LOVED THEM! It was so cute how you asked Alexee to say things, then turned the camera and recorded your own message. Thank you for thinking of me. Tonight you asked me if I liked art or technology better. I said that I liked both, but I really like art. You said you liked technology because you could live without art but technology makes things so much easier in life--like cars and trucks and for growing food. You're so witty, smart and such a thinker.
Alexee, you are growing up too fast, too! You are so thoughtful and sweet...and FUNNY. In the message that you recorded with Rhett you said, "Thank you for taking me to church", and "Tonight I'll help you with bath time". You are almost always the first one dressed and ready for school or church, and you do things without me even having to ask you. You're very responsible and helpful. You made me these cute flowers and a card in your class today, and I'll treasure them always! I'll put them in the china cabinet with the tissue paper flower that Rhett made me when you were born. :) I always tell you that "us girls have to stick together"--I am SO thankful to have a daughter to share life with.
Crosby, you are so easy-going, happy and fun-loving! You have started talking so much lately...there is a LOT of talking going on between the three of y'all! It makes my head spin sometimes. :) This morning we all laughed because you said very clearly, "Hey, Lexee said poop!" (You heard this from Rhett, no doubt!). You are a little clown--you'll do anything for a laugh. You love to play ball. This weekend you couldn't find a ball so you put your sippy cup on the ground and started kicking it and saying "Soccer ball--kick!" You made this sweet handprint card for me at Mother's Day Out, and I'll treasure it always. You also made a heart-shaped picture frame with your sweet picture inside it. I love those little crafts, and I'm thankful for your teachers that took the time to help you make such a special gift for me. You melt my heart!
You were really proud of the frame that you made and wanted to put it on the table during lunch. I like this picture of you looking at it. :)
Bogart, :) you are such good entertainment and a very loyal companion. We love having you here to greet us every time we get home. You're patient with the kids and protective of them. You spend the majority of your time sleeping, but you are a special part of our family!
*****
And a very very Happy Mother's Day...
to my Mom ("Mo")
and to my Grandmother/"Mo Nina"
and to my Mother-in-law, Rose Mary ("Grammy")
WE LOVE YOU, AND WE ARE THANKFUL FOR EACH OF YOU!

2 comments:

Candy said...

Yes, I so agree---3 kids talking at the same time makes my head spin too! :) I LOVE the pic of you with all the kids, so cute!!! Your dress is adorable,love it!

Jacquie Wallace said...

What a sweet Mother's Day post! I think my favorite line in it, though, is how Rhett got to run the cash register!! Haha! Why does that not surprise me??

C is looking so OLD!