(I forgot to take the camera...took just a few dark pictures with my phone.)
Lane and I had a special afternoon with Alexee on Thursday. We had tickets to see Beauty and The Beast. At first she cried and didn't want to go because she was scared to see the Beast, but she got over it. Before the show we took her out for lunch. She ordered pink lemonade, a grilled cheese sandwich with chips and a pickle, and she ate my cherry jello salad. As we were leaving she picked up three mints from the dish by the door. She ate one immediately and said she was saving the other two for her brothers. :) She talked non-stop on the drive downtown. She was coming up with all sorts of silly scenarios about the Beast. Lane and I thought she was probably still a little nervous and was trying to lighten her own mood by making jokes. She said, "I hope the Beast doesn't come out and try to steal my peppermints". We told her she had nothing to worry about because the Beast was just a person dressed up and he would stay on the stage the whole time. She did fine once we got inside. She sat on Lane's lap for a while, but then she forgot about being scared and just enjoyed watching the show. She sat between us and held our hands--it was sweet. :)


She asked me early on when Belle would be wearing her big, fluffy yellow dress. She was excited to see her wearing it when they danced at the end. This was her favorite part of course!

On the steps of the music hall.

She liked the pretty rose on the stage.
She asked me early on when Belle would be wearing her big, fluffy yellow dress. She was excited to see her wearing it when they danced at the end. This was her favorite part of course!
As we were walking back to the car she said, "Thank you for taking me. I really enjoyed it." She sounded so grown up! Lane and I really liked the show too. We had seen it a long time ago before Rhett was born, and it was just as good as I remembered!
Lane's parents were at the house keeping the boys. (Thank you, B & RM!) They stayed for dinner and played with the kids a while longer. It was a fun day!


3 comments:
how fun and funny! :) Did ya'll see the Beauty & the Beast show at Disney? I thought it was really good. Can't wait to see you soon!!! :)
How fun! Alexee is so funny! You guys are such great parents....always wanting to do special things for each of your kids :)
She looks beautiful...fun date wih your special girl. She's the perfect combination of girlie, princess-y, and tomboy-ish!!
Post a Comment