Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Week

Days 1 and 2 of Teacher Appreciation week are done, and hopefully Mrs. H is enjoying her week so far. I think Rhett has liked helping too. I went to the classroom with him yesterday morning, and he went right to work placing a button at each child's desk. Then he turned on all the computers and helped his teacher with the chairs. Give him a task like that and he takes it very seriously (brushing teeth/hair or putting socks and underwear in the drawer...not so much.) :)
Last night I made an artist's palette and brush out of foam board to stick in the teacher bouquet. (It's too big--I realize now that I should have found the vase first, then made to scale--ha!) Since one of the teacher's hobbies is watercolor/oil painting, I did an art theme and tied paint brushes and watercolor pencils to the vase. We made it to school without turning it over in the car this morning! This is Rhett's "paint splatter" note tied onto a flower. I wish I could have seen what it looked like after all the students added other stems and notes.
Rhett showed me the spot by the window where she usually keeps flowers:
*****
While searching for gifts for A's and C's teachers, I ran across several cute things:

I loved these layered cross hand-towels. They used a different stitch for each layer, and I like the unfinished edges. Adding this to my "projects-I-want-to-do-but-likely-won't-get-around-to" pile.
And I think all these frames are cute and would look good in our bedroom once we get the painting/new color scheme completed:
"summer starts in April" made me laugh

4 comments:

Flo and Grace said...

Ok...you are very good at this! Sorry I dropped the ball on giving you ideas....to be honest, we don't even HAVE room mothers. I'm doing good if my parents even LIVE with their mothers (sad). Looks like you did great though!

Jacquie Wallace said...

I liked what you said about R. Kale used to LOVE to stay after school and help the teacher clean up the room after the day. (Of course, that's when your dad used to say stuff like K was the kind of kid he always wanted to beat up!)

The Jennings said...

Love the cross towel! Where did you see see that?

Gretchan

Sharmin said...

Okay, The palette is too cute. I think a certain cousin of yours who teaches art would love one of those! (subtle hint...I think not). I think Viola didn't get the memo about teacher appreciation week! LOL