Last night we met our friends Brad & Leslie for dinner at a Japanese steakhouse. I'm glad Leslie thought to make reservations because it was prom night and very busy. We felt old and under-dressed when we were seated with four "kids" all dressed up for their prom. 
The food was great!

We always have fun with the Miles. We wanted to get together to celebrate their recent good news: they are expecting baby #2 in October--we're so happy for them!
Thank goodness we didn't have to go to prom after dinner--we got to go home, put on comfortable clothes and fall asleep on the couch! Rhett did ask me today to not visit with the babysitter so long next time. He said he heard the garage door and tried to wait up for me but fell asleep by the time I quit talking and came to check on him! :)

Thank goodness we didn't have to go to prom after dinner--we got to go home, put on comfortable clothes and fall asleep on the couch! Rhett did ask me today to not visit with the babysitter so long next time. He said he heard the garage door and tried to wait up for me but fell asleep by the time I quit talking and came to check on him! :) It has rained almost non-stop since last night. Rhett's class is scheduled to have a field trip to this park later in the week, but looks like that might not work out!? The kids will be so disappointed.
And speaking of kids, today was "Senior Sunday" at church. Does anyone else cry during the senior Sunday talks? Every year I try to be strong, but it never works. Especially when the pastor shows an adult shoe and says, "This is how the graduating seniors see themselves", then holds up a baby shoe and says, "But this is how their parents see them. Please pray for these families in weeks leading up to graduation because there is a lot of emotion wrapped up in this event." And then when a senior high boy gets up on stage and shares his testimony....please pass the Kleenex. One of the sweet girls that babysits for us is graduating, and I'm praying for her (and her mom!). I'm really sad to think about her moving away this fall. :( She is one of three kids, and the only girl--just like Alexee! I asked her if she would consider living at home and going to college here.
We have another busy week ahead. It's Teacher Appreciation week, and I have several things to do as the room mom. I've waited until last minute, unfortunately. This afternoon I printed buttons for the students to wear all week that say "I appreciate Mrs. H-". My friend Lianne assembled them for me, and I'm going to drop them off when I take the boys to school tomorrow morning. Two other moms are taking our teacher breakfast tomorrow, and I'm collecting a drawing/poem/letter from each child to bind into a little book before the end of the week. We also plan to do a bouquet on Tuesday--each child has been asked to bring a flower, and I'm providing little thank-you notes in the shape of paints that we're going to tie to each stem and do an art-themed bouquet because one of our teacher's hobbies is watercolor/oil painting. I think we are also going to do a gift card and possibly a basket of home-baked goodies on Friday for her to enjoy over the weekend. I hope it all turns out cute and helps her to know just how much we truly appreciate her! It has been a great year, and I honestly can't believe it's almost over. To any teachers reading this, I really really admire you and hope you have a wonderful week this week! When I go to R's classroom to help with parties, etc., I am a nervous wreck after about 10 minutes, maybe even 5 minutes. Ha! Teachers are amazing people!


4 comments:
I love all your ideas for the week! You will be busy thought!!
I always said that the good teachers are absolutely "called". I never could've been a teacher. My nerves would be shot!
I want to be Rhett's teacher! Wow. What a wonderful week she will have!
Prom night! Ha! I bet the "kids" just loved having "old" people at their table!
Good ideas for teacher week!
Gretchan
FUN! I LOVE all of your teacher app ideas, you are an awesome room mom! I sank deep in my chair as I read your plan for this week! ha! :) Your creativeness is one area where I am def different from you! ha! :) I know R's teacher will LOVE it all! :)
Post a Comment