Last weekend (Thursday - Saturday) the five of us and Lane’s parents went on a short trip to Branson, Missouri. It was great to spend time together--I think everyone had fun! The kids were so excited when we told them we would get to stay in a hotel again and this time Grammy & Bobba would be with us!
We experienced a small set-back when I had a flat on my vehicle about 2 hours into the 3 hour drive. A warning light came on that said to check tire pressure because one tire was at 8 psi. I quickly pulled over and got out to look. I had a piece of metal in the tire, and I could hear the air leaking out of it. We called Lane, Bob and Rhett to our rescue--they were in a separate car just a few minutes ahead of us. They had us back on the road again very quickly. I’m thankful that the flat didn’t cause any dangerous steering issues and also thankful that it happened when I had someone with me to change the tire instead of a time when it was just me traveling with the kids.
Once we made it to Branson, we checked into the hotel then went out to dinner at Outback. Crosby was very tired after dinner, so we all split up: Rose Mary took Crosby back to the hotel for bath/bed, I took Alexee to the indoor pool and Bob and Lane took Rhett to play mini-golf (which Rhett loves. I didn’t get pictures because I forgot to send the camera with them).
Friday morning we went to Silver Dollar City. We had breakfast there in the park, then had a full day of riding rides (we split up again so that Lane and Rhett could ride the bigger rides, so I don’t have many pictures of them). Rhett’s favorite ride was Powder Keg, which he and Lane rode several times. Friday night we were all tired from all the walking, so we had a quick dinner at Panera Bread, then Rose Mary and I took Crosby back to the room while the others went for two more rounds of mini-golf at another course. Saturday morning we went to Branson Landing and had lunch at Joe’s Crab Shack before heading home. It was a special Mother’s Day weekend!
Here are a few pictures from the trip, but our album is here.














1 comments:
What a fun trip! I haven't been to Branson since I was little! It looks like ya'll had a great time! :)
Post a Comment