Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Opening Sibling Gifts

Last Friday the kids talked us into letting them open their gifts from each other. They were all pleased with what they received.

(One negative to early gift opening: it gave Crosby ideas. A few days later I found that he'd opened a few more gifts from under the tree. I grabbed them and took them back to hiding--I guess I'll just wrap everything on Christmas Eve!)
Rhett liked his wii game from Alexee and Crosby and has had fun playing it while on Christmas break. Alexee was excited about the Repunzel Barbie from her brothers. Crosby has had a lot of fun playing with his CAT toys from Alexee and Rhett, he especially likes the dump truck.
three blessings!
Rhett kindly offered to help Alexee cut Repunzel out of the box. I had to be sneaky when I saw him accidentally cut off a strand of her long hair. There's a little piece missing from the side of her face, but I think I convinced Alexee it was her bangs (??).
Poor Big Brother Bogart--they forgot to get him a "sibling" gift. Maybe Santa will bring him some treats.
*****
This morning I took the kids to get donuts for breakfast. They voted for Krispy Kreme.
enjoying a plain-glazed
Crosby watching the donut-making process
I'm glad this week isn't as busy as last week. Last week was hectic, and I was so worn out by Saturday night. After Christmas at my sister's on Saturday, we rushed home and got ready for a couples' Christmas party with my Pokeeno group. It was really fun, but I didn't take a single picture. When we got home from there I was asleep on the couch within minutes. This week, Alexee was invited to a play-date at our neighbor's house. She chose her own Christmas outfit and had a lot of fun playing with her friends for a few hours. We picked her up from there and went to lunch (Lane was off on Monday), then I went grocery shopping while the kids napped and then took Alexee to gymnastics.
Rhett has been practicing shooting his BB gun. He wanted to show me how to do it, so I tried, too. He's a good instructor. :)
The kids have also been having a lot of fun in the huge box from our new dishwasher. They cut windows and doors in it for a playhouse and R & A even slept in it one night. :) They put their pillows inside the box and slept in their sleeping bags with their feet sticking out.
We're looking forward to a day-trip to see Lane's family later this week, the Christmas Eve service at church and then...CHRISTMAS MORNING! I hope you are having a great week before Christmas!

1 comments:

Candy said...

You do such a great job of keeping your blog up to date. Love all the pics, the kids are getting so big! Can't believe how fast Christmas has gotten here! Hope ya'll have a wonderful rest of the week! :)