Friday, December 30, 2011

This Part Is Never As Fun

I'm sure everyone would agree--taking down Christmas decorations is no fun at all and maybe even a little depressing. I usually wait a few days, but this year I took every last piece down on the 26th. I worked on it non-stop from morning until dinner time. We planned to leave for Mom and Dad's on the 27th, and I didn't want to have to dread coming back to the mess. Plus our tree was getting extremely dry and crispy and I worried that it was a fire hazard. Lane took R & A with him to run a few errands and then he treated them to lunch at Purple Cow. Crosby and I stayed at home and got a lot done. He only took an hour nap that day, but he mostly just played with his trucks right around my work area and didn't try to help with the ornaments. Every year when I slide the last storage bin back into the attic I think how fast the time will go by between now and next holiday season. The kids were at fun ages this Christmas. It was busy, but there really was an excitement in the air because of them...I'm sad to see it come to an end. I think there were more needles on the floor than on the tree by the time I finished un-decorating it! I had to wear gloves to protect my cut fingers and because the branches were so dry and sticky.

Lane sent me this from the restaurant.
When they got home, Lane took the tree out to the curb in the rain.
We don't have any New Year's plans, so I guess our holiday season is officially over! Time to get organized for the new year.

1 comments:

Kayla said...

I had planned to take all ours down the day after we got back from AR but I got sick...so it's still not all the way done!

That tree is BEAUTIFUL! I love the thought of a real tree but I dont think I will ever attempt it!