It's been a busy week so far...
Monday was the spelling bee at R's school. He won 1st place in his classroom so he participated in the second grade competition and won 2nd place! Way to go Rhett!
After school on Monday Lane took Alexee to gymnastics, and I took Rhett and Crosby to the library. They were having a holiday open house and Rhett needed to pick up a few books. There were musicians from the Arkansas Symphony Orchestra there playing Christmas music, and it was so nice to listen to. C looking at the library fish

Listening to the music and eating a cookie



Then we met L & A for dinner and shared holiday shakes for dessert (eggnog and peppermint).

R looked so sweet sleeping in his gingerbread man PJs by the Christmas lights that night. Whenever I see him asleep it always reminds me of the profile of his sweet face in his ultrasound pictures (below, 2003). Where did eight years go???

ultrasound picture of Rhett
December 2003
(this really seems like it was only a few months ago!?)

Alexee and Crosby took their teacher gifts to school today. Here's Alexee making deliveries.
Alexee's classroom fireplace--they all have a stocking hanging there. I thought it was so cute!
Tonight we had our Couples' Bible Study Christmas party (post soon), so last night I stayed up late baking a red velvet cake and making peanut clusters. Tomorrow I'm helping out with Rhett's school party. A & C are also going to go to MDO for an extra morning so they can attend their school parties. Bogart has a check-up, and I'm going to try to finish my last few Christmas shopping items before time to pick up the kids and go to R's party! December is flying by!


2 comments:
Rhett's profile really does resemble his ultrasound picture! How neat. Alexee looks super cute in that JOY outfit! You're right, december is flying by! It always does :)
CONGRATS to R on the top honors at the spelling bee!! I also love that you put lights in the kids room...going to steal that idea.
Post a Comment