Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Back to the Routine

Well, after all the family get-togethers and other holiday fun in December, it suddenly seems like I have very little to blog about. School and MDO have started back, and we made it to both on time and only forgot one back pack and couldn't find one coat. I think we were all ready for just a little bit of space...the kids were beginning to fight constantly which makes my head hurt! Bogart got a much needed haircut yesterday. He's always so scared when I drop him off at the groomer but he always looks so cute when I pick him up. Last night Lane and I were able to go out for a dinner date. We decided to eat at Cantina Laredo which means we made it 2.5 days into our "eating healthier" plan before we totally messed up. Such will-power. After that huge bowl of cheese dip and a Mexican apple pie, I felt really guilty and tried to do better today! We sat by the fireplace at the restaurant last night--a cozy place on a chilly night. It's always nice to just get out for dinner together. We'd planned to go see Mission Impossible, but decided we weren't in a movie mood.

After school today we played outside for quite a while. It was an unseasonably warm 65 degrees today! The sunshine was nice. As soon as Christmas is over I'm always ready for spring.
Alexee and friends did chalk drawings.
Rhett and Crosby tried out the neighbors' new Jeep. Crosby cried and threw himself down on the grass because he wanted to drive--not be a passenger. When I finally gave in and let him drive he had the BEST time. He only ran over my foot twice.

1 comments:

Samantha said...

I LOVE reading your blog! I don't think I have commented before. I have three kids too 8,6,4 and your stories are so similiar and real to me! Happy New Year!