It's "birthday season" at our house now! First up is Alexee. She asked if she could have a painting party this year, and she also requested a ladybug theme. In addition to being a shoe designer, she's quite the little party planner. :) I think it's going to be really fun. I booked the party at a local pottery place where the girls will all get to paint a small piece and have it fired for a keepsake.
I finished the invitations last night. I wasn't sure whether to do art or ladybug invitations--I found cute ones with both themes, but I decided to go with the one with little girls painting since it fit the actual party activity perfectly.
I painted her annual birthday plate with a ladybug on it. I forgot to take a picture when I'd finished it, but I'll take one after it has been fired. I'll probably use it on the cake table at the party.
black & red napkins/plates
I think I might use a few lime green balloons, etc., to break up the red and black theme...I used a little bit of green on the plate.
She also saw a red & black tutu on Etsy when we were browsing for ideas. She asked if I could try to make one. (Key word being "try", but here are the materials. Plus I found those fun polka-dot leg warmers at Hobby Lobby.)
She also saw a red & black tutu on Etsy when we were browsing for ideas. She asked if I could try to make one. (Key word being "try", but here are the materials. Plus I found those fun polka-dot leg warmers at Hobby Lobby.)
Now I just need hope it doesn't snow/ice on her birthday party day! I'm worried because I think we've had winter weather EVERY year, including the day she was born. We drove to the hospital on ice that morning! :) Hopefully the spring-like weather we've been blessed with lately will continue.


3 comments:
CUTE idea! how fun! can't wait to see pictures!!!
Oh, I love a good party! Good job, mama! : )
Oh, that will be a FUN party!!! Love how Alexee helps you come up with ideas, she is getting so big! :)
Post a Comment