Sunday, January 22, 2012

Great Time in TX

Last Thursday I flew to Houston to visit two of my sweet friends, Heather and Stacy. I'd been looking forward to this trip for a long time! It was my first time to fly anywhere alone since Rhett was about a year and half old. Lane kept all three kids and did great (THANK YOU, L! I really really appreciate you giving me the opportunity to get away for a few days.) Thursday after school he took them to the church playground and took them to eat pizza by himself! Friday after school they went to Hot Springs to visit Bobba and Grammy, and had a fun time there visiting the museum and eating at Purple Cow. While I was gone Lane also did laundry, dishes, packed the kids' suitcases (with maybe a few phone calls to ask what outfits Alexee should wear), cleaned up the playroom and gave Bogart a bath. Hmmm.....Let's see...where could I book a flight to next!? :) I'm kidding--I'm sure I'm home for a loooong time now, but it sure was a great little break. I was very ready to see my family when I got home Saturday night.

I flew out Thursday morning. Everything went fine. I had a brief wait in Dallas and got to Houston shortly after noon.
I made two more red burlap hearts to take to Heather and Stacy. I carried them through security so they didn't get smashed.
Heather picked me up at the airport, then we went to get her boys at MDO and Kindergarten. That night we stopped by Stacy's to say hello, then we went to dinner at Escalate's. We'd eaten there on a previous visit--it's so good!

Friends since our Freshman year, 1995...I can't believe it's been that long!
massive plate of yummy Mexican food (seafood enchiladas)
Heather's cute Westie, Jaxson. Like Bogart, he seems to sleep a lot.
Friday we cooked lunch and Stacy came over to eat and visit. It was so good to get to catch up with her, too! That afternoon we took the boys to DQ. It's good that we don't have DQ here because I'm a big fan of their Butterfinger Blizzard.
Jax climbed into my suitcase and fell asleep-ha! Dogs are so funny.
Friday night Heather, Stacy, Linsey (H's sister-in-law) and I went to see Joyful Noise, which was good!
With Stacy after the movie
Heather's baby boy, Bennett reading his books.
H took my picture with her cute boys before I left on Saturday. Hopefully they'll get to come visit us this summer. Brooks kept asking about Rhett, and I think Crosby and Bennett would have a lot of fun together (and of course Alexee is used to playing with boys). I wish I would have had a chance to see Stacy's kids too, but the timing just didn't work out since they were in school.
Saturday we went to eat at a great little place called Tiny Boxwoods. Heather had never been there either, but we both loved it!
Eating outside was not an issue since it was in the upper 60s and 70s while I was there. I should have taken cooler clothes--it was humid and sticky. It didn't seem like January! Loved the hydrangea on the table.
The restaurant was right next to the neatest little nursery that we walked to after lunch.
And there were shops within walking distance, too.
self-portrait :)
Next stop: Sugarbaby's Bakery.
After the fun afternoon, Heather dropped me off at the airport. My flight was delayed an hour, but thankfully it was a direct flight so the delay didn't matter as much.
I was home by about 10:00p. Home-sweet-home...always a good feeling. I truly had a wonderful time. Friendships are such a blessing!!!

5 comments:

His Doorkeeper said...

Jamie, Looks like a fun trip! So glad you got to be with your longtime friends! And all the good looking food...YUM! Love the WESTIE....S is wanting another one so much!

Candy said...

Oh, how SUPER fun!!! Glad you had a safe and fun time. All the food looks yummy, esp the cupcakes! :) You can fly here next time. :) Way to go, Lane--sounds like he did a wonderful job while you were away. :)

Kayla said...

How fun!! Glad you got a little getaway to catch up. And yes, it is warm and sticky here...and I LOVE IT!! hahaha

I wish 3 things were different.
1) I wish I had known you were coming.
2) I wish I could drive down to Houston without having a panic attack.
3) I wish if the other two had worked out, you'd had more time and we could have grabbed lunch or something!!

NEXT TIME! :)

Tonya said...

So glad you had a fun visit to TX! Sugarbaby's is YUM-O, right!!!

Heather said...

We did have a wonderful weekend!! Thanks for coming to see us. So glad L & B took care of the kids so we could spend time together. Looking forward to our next visit!! Love you dear friend!!