Monday, January 23, 2012

Big Day--School Registration #2

It does not seem possible, but today I registered our second child for Kindergarten. I got a knot in my stomach just typing that sentence. When I registered Rhett, Alexee was about to have her second birthday, and Crosby was not born yet. Three very fast years later, Rhett is half way through his second grade year, Alexee is about to turn 5 and Crosby will soon turn 3. They might as well be filling out college applications and taking driver's tests! For some reason I'm having a harder time with it all this time around...and I can't even begin to let myself think about the day Crosby starts school. I'd like to go back in time 8 years and start it all again.

Alexee and I went to the school office to fill out the paperwork and provide copies of her birth certificate, social security card and proof of our address. She was excited to go and do this. She asked if she'd be starting school there tomorrow instead of going to MDO. :) I feel like she will do great in school--she's ready. She loves to practice letters and look at books and work in workbooks and color. But I'm going to MISS her during the day. She's so fun to be around.
She got bored while I was filling out paperwork and took some pictures of herself.
Standing in front of her future school!
We love you, Alexee, and we know you'll be such a wonderful student!

5 comments:

Candy said...

SO sweet!!! BUT, sad I know! Ella has gone to K MWF this school year, but just started going 5 days in Jan (our choice) and I miss her so much! A will do GREAT in K and you'll still have Crosby to occupy your time. :) Let's just not think about C & Ev starting K... :(

Rachel said...

right. there. with. you. did it today with bo and almost got his pacifiers out to try to reverse time.

Jessica said...

Sweet girl! Oh, I dread that day for myself {and I taught!}

His Doorkeeper said...

Such a milestone!! But boo hoo ....they are growing up much too quickly!

sandra said...

NO WAY.
I almost cried when I read this. Time is passing so quickly.