Thursday, January 26, 2012

Valentine Decorations

Last year (or the year before?) I covered these letters with Valentine scrapbook paper. They sat on a shelf then, but I hot-glued tulle ribbon to them this year and hung them behind the breakfast table. I also hung a little piece of ribbon and used clothes pins to clip hearts to the line. Some hearts are made from construction paper, some from scraps of red burlap. Each family member got their name on a heart, and I wrote Bible verses on a few of them.

"God is LOVE." 1 John 4:8
"For God so LOVED the world that he gave his only son that whosoever believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16
"LOVE one another." John 13:34
"These three remain: faith, hope and LOVE, but the greatest is these is LOVE." 1 Corinthians 13:13I got my red tulips out of the closet for the dining table and cut paper hearts to put in the glass jars. (I can't use candy because little hands will find it!)
I moved the burlap heart to the front door. It looks cute from the driveway, but I miss seeing it in the house. Maybe I'll make another one. I'm glad we have Valentine's Day to add a little color/decoration to the house between Christmas and spring. I saw the Easter stuff out at Hobby Lobby the other day, and it's MY FAVORITE!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

So so cute!!!

Kayla said...

Pshew! SO glad I'm not the only one who decorates for V-Day! Kale thinks I'm crazy! haha

Everything looks so cute. You did a great job :)

Candy said...

super cute!!! :)

Courtney said...

I love your burlap heart, makes me want to go pull out my extra burlap from the fall and get one on my front door!

Claire said...

Oh how sweet...I'm about to change out the new years things for Valentines...thanks for the inspiration!