My sister and I had a fun time celebrating her birthday on Tuesday. It's not often that we get together without the kids, so it was nice to be able to sit still and visit! We ate at Oak Street Bistro. I hadn't eaten there in a long time. The food was great, and it's a really cute place that is attached to a florist/gift store. Family, food and flowers--three of my favorite things. :)
We stood in the landscaping and tried several times to do a self-portrait...those never quite work right, but at least we documented the occasion.
I took her this bouquet of spray roses. I thought their color was so pretty. And here's my Mediterranean salad. :) I don't know why I always take pictures of my plate.
Wednesday afternoon we started a little project that I saw on Pinterest. These eggshell planters looked fun for spring, and I've been wanting to start an herb garden so we combined the two. We planted a package of mint, and we have a package of rosemary seeds to plant when we use more eggs. My plan is to transplant the seedlings to clay pots or jars later on.

I just saved an egg carton and tried to remember when using eggs to crack them toward the very top, rinse them out carefully and save them.


In the process of watering our seeds, Bogart got all muddy so we had to bring him in for a bath. He's not a fan of baths, and he usually hates the hairdryer (we rarely go to the trouble of using it), but for some reason today he sat really still and seemed to be thoroughly enjoying all the attention. This picture is blurry, but I thought it was cute how Crosby was helping.
Then it was time to go to Purple Cow to celebrate Rhett's birthday a few days early. When we got to the parking lot Alexee said, "Where are my shoes?" Still at home by the garage door, of course. I felt bad, but Lane carried her in the restaurant barefoot.








As usual, our project included a lot of fighting over taking turns. Crosby was grabbing Alexee's arm trying to pull her back so he could add more potting soil.

We have a beautiful purple iris blooming in the back yard!
In the process of watering our seeds, Bogart got all muddy so we had to bring him in for a bath. He's not a fan of baths, and he usually hates the hairdryer (we rarely go to the trouble of using it), but for some reason today he sat really still and seemed to be thoroughly enjoying all the attention. This picture is blurry, but I thought it was cute how Crosby was helping.
Then it was time to go to Purple Cow to celebrate Rhett's birthday a few days early. When we got to the parking lot Alexee said, "Where are my shoes?" Still at home by the garage door, of course. I felt bad, but Lane carried her in the restaurant barefoot.Here's the birthday boy having his 8th annual birthday ice cream from Purple Cow. Eight years went by in a big-time hurry.
Looking back: 2005 - 2008
And Birthdays 5, 6 and 7
2009-2011
Looking back: 2005 - 2008
And Birthdays 5, 6 and 72009-2011




No shoes, but she did have on a cute dress from Jaiden and a lovely necklace. :) I want to always remember that she ordered "root beard" to drink that night. When the waitress brought it to her, she said, "Here's your root beard!". :)

Crosby smiling--even though he was having an extra wild restaurant night.


We have lots of birthday activities coming up between now and the 24th. Rhett's and Crosby's birthdays are only 9 days apart...so let the fun begin!


3 comments:
I can't believe that Rhett has had 8 purple cow birthday celebrations. Wow.
I planted some basil seeds today. After reading your post, I decided to keep some egg shells to plant some other seeds in. We'll see how it goes. Our eggs don't come in a crate so I'll try to figure something out.
hugs!
So cute, Happy birthday!!!
Happy Birthday to Mic!! Love the flowers and eggshell planter. We may need to do that...
Post a Comment