Thursday, March 8, 2012

Routine Week

We've just had the regular activities going on this week--nothing unusual. On Monday, Crosby cleaned out the pantry and built towers with what he found. I don't know why we clutter up the house with real toys because they seem most entertained by things like this!
While Crosby built, Alex wrote and illustrated a book. I say "Alex" because that's what she's decided she wants us to call her, and she's even started signing things as Alex. We'll see if it lasts...it's fine if it does, but it's kind of funny to me and difficult to remember after five years.
She drew lots of monsters and told me what to write as the poem for each page. She did every color she could think of, including "Yellow Yellow got stuck in Jell-O" and "Red Red lost his head".
On our way to gymnastics.
Her MDO class is celebrating Dr. Seuss this week, and Tuesday was funny hat day. She wanted to make her own, of course. She was so excited to wear this to school. :) She asked to attend two extra days this week so she could be a part of the other Dr. Seuss activities--something about apples and a day where they go to the kitchen and cook green eggs and ham!
R moved to a different swim class. A is taking a short break while she waits for them to form a new age-appropriate group lesson. Rhett is doing well and hopes to advance enough to join the swim team before too much longer.
Since Lane and Alex went on their date a few weeks ago, Rhett has been asking for me to take him out, just us. So last night was our date, and we had a fun time together. We went to the toy store so he could use part of his gift card, then we went to eat pizza.

Decisions, decisions. He finally chose a spy safe that included a magnetic lock and key.
Game room and pizza--a great combination!
He won these great teeth--ha!
He's getting so big. I enjoyed hanging out with him.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! I jumped over here from.. His door keeper. You have such a cute blog and family. I love your photo's of the kids they are precious just wanted to let you know I was reading.