Last week I started getting really homesick. We had not seen my parents in six weeks, and the weather has been really nice which makes me want to be outside in the country. I knew Lane had a busy work weekend (night shifts--which we all dislike), so I called Dad on Friday to ask if we'd be interfering with their plans if we made a quick trip to Flippin Saturday-Sunday. I was glad he said, "No, come on!" :) So we threw our stuff together and left here at 8:30 Saturday morning and were at my parents' house for lunch. I'm thankful that we live close enough to do that. It was a beautiful, 60 degree day, so the kids enjoyed an afternoon of sunshine and fresh air.
Tired boy--got up too early
On our last trip there, Rhett was researching BB guns and found a camouflage one, complete with scope, that he really had his heart set on. He talked Granddad into ordering it for him for his birthday this month. It had shipped to my parents' house several weeks ago, so R was really anxious to get to see it the minute we arrived!

Dad trying to put the scope on--with lots of help

The puppies didn't seem like puppies anymore--they'd almost doubled in size! They're still super cute and playful and sweet. I felt so bad for Mom--she did not feel good at ALL. Late last week she thought she just had allergies or a cold, but by Saturday afternoon she was feeling really bad and aching from head to toe. She never slows down, so when she said she had to go to bed early that night, I knew she had more than a cold. I don't know if it was the flu or not, but thankfully she's feeling better today. Mom, Gretchen and Cole
Every year hundreds of daffodils bloom in the field in front of their house. I'm glad we happened to be there when they were in full bloom. They looked pretty with the sun shining on them. Alexee picked a big bouquet, and Crosby picked about four then he was ready to get back behind the wheel of the farm buggy.
beautiful sign of spring

He's not content to just ride in the farm buggy anymore. He wants to sit in your lap and drive EVERY time. And you have to be sneaky about helping him steer or he gets mad.
He carried the key around in his jacket pocket all day.
Princess Louisa's life got a little more complicated when the puppies arrived a few months ago. I thought she was funny relaxing on this stack of books. 


Saturday evening we went for a drive to look for deer horns. Alexee wanted to be in charge of opening the gates.
We hadn't watched the weather, so we were surprised to wake up to a rainy Sunday. It rained all day long. 
You'd think I would get tired of pictures of him sleeping, but I just think he looks so sweet that I take a picture every time he falls asleep in the car seat. He slept 2 hours of the 2.5 hour trip. The only thing he said the entire way was, "I'm about to pee in my pants" when we were about three minutes from our house. I made an emergency stop in a parking lot! He still sucks his right thumb when he sleeps. I should probably be worried about breaking that habit, but for now it makes me feel like he's still a baby. :)
We got home in time to see Lane for about an hour before he left for his night shift. Time to get things ready for school and try to catch up on that hour of sleep that was lost on Saturday night.
We got home in time to see Lane for about an hour before he left for his night shift. Time to get things ready for school and try to catch up on that hour of sleep that was lost on Saturday night.*******
P.S. WISHING A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY SISTER TODAY! She turns 30, which makes me feel OLD! I'm looking forward to having a birthday lunch with her tomorrow and will take pictures then. Micaela, we love you so much and hope you've had a wonderful day!


2 comments:
love all the pics, the flowers are beautiful! Glad ya'll got to go for a visit. :) Funny that your sister's bday was yesterday because my sister's bday was Fri and she turned 33. :) CRAZY!!! I'm surprised they aren't the same age. ha! :)
Oh what sweet pictures! Looks like a beautiful weekend!
Post a Comment