Sunday, March 18, 2012

Rhett, Age 8 (Chuck E. Cheese & Sleepover)

Friday night was a big night--Rhett's birthday sleepover! He wanted to go to Chuck E. Cheese, so we took him, Alexee and four of his buddies there for pizza and games before coming back home for ice cream cake, gifts and lots wrestling, yelling, laughing, jumping, etc.! I think the boys had a really fun time! (I'm still not sure if I've recovered!?) :)
Rhett took a break from his friends to play a game with his sister. :)
Cashing in all those valuable tickets!
Back at home Rhett opened gifts from us and from his friends.
He asked for an ice cream cake this year, so we had Oreo ice cream cake from Cold Stone Creamery.
How on earth did eight years go by SO FAST? In eight more years, he'll be driving!
Thinking of his wish
It was a loud night, but these are sweet, sweet times. God has blessed us SO MUCH!
Ms. Jillian came to babysit Crosby during the C. Cheese portion of the evening, and she brought Rhett these balloons. They were tied to WATER BALLOONS--how much did the boys love those!? (Side note: Getting to know Jillian has been such a blessing. She was Crosby's teacher at church last year and has babysat for us a lot since then. She is wonderful with the kids, which makes my heart so happy! She's always so thoughtful and patient!)
Saturday morning we sent the boys outside to burn some energy! Surprisingly enough, they had plenty of it even after going to bed close to midnight and getting up at 6:45!
On his real birthday, St. Patrick's Day.
Happy 8th Birthday, Rhett Greyson!
3.17.12
***
You can be serious, you can be silly. Usually serious.
You're always thinking, like your Dad. You ask a lot of questions. And you remember everything!
You love computers/all technology. You are great tech-support! (Also like your Dad.)
You do great in school. You're a wonderful reader and you like math and science.
You are also a good writer--I love reading the stories you write in your school notebook.
You also like to fish, and you've recently taken an interest in bb guns and bows. You're planning on going deer hunting for the first time next season.
You like to earn money doing your weekly chores, and you're wise about saving up.
You are so lucky! If there's a drawing to be won, you seem to win!
You're a sweet big brother, even if you do like to bother Alexee sometimes. :) You're patient with Crosby and willing to help both of your siblings. You give Alexee a weekly computer lesson. :)
You're going to be as tall as me (or taller) before long--we measured this weekend and you come to the top of my shoulder already! But you've promised to always be my "baby boy".
As of right now, you want to be a computer programmer or a scientist.
You are a joy to us, and we love you more than we could ever, ever tell you!
I feel like you grew overnight--maybe it's just because 8 sounds so old to me!?
After the friends left Saturday morning, we took R to meet my Dad. He had invited Rhett to come up to Flippin for a Father/Son Wild Game Feast (will do post on that soon).
Rhett with his Granddad
R loves spending time with him. Dad is so patient in teaching Rhett new things. They always have a good time together.
After dropping R off, we stopped for a late lunch in Conway. The kids were good, but C was getting tired. He fell asleep on the drive home, and I carried him upstairs to his room and he slept almost two hours.
While Crosby napped, Lane took Alexee to meet Grammy and Bobba! She was also getting to have some time with Grandparents, and she was super excited when we told her! She packed her "fun bag", took her new library movies and off they went! She called this afternoon and they'd been to the museum, been on a nature walk and bought a hula-hoop! Things are very calm and quiet here with just Crosby! I'm missing the older two, but I'm thankful they get to spend some special time with their Grandparents.
As I mentioned earlier, Jillian and Crosby hung out at home instead of going to the party Friday night. When we left, they were outside playing and C was riding his bike. J sent me these cute pictures of him getting ice cream from the ice cream truck when it came by:
SWEETIE

4 comments:

Candy said...

ok, just so you know-I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried! ha! We had an Oreo ice cream cake Thurs night while Tim's mom was here to celebrate Ethan's bday with him! Ev's old MDO teacher babysat for us a couple of weeks ago!!! and you already know that Ethan had a sleepover Fri night too! hee hee!!! :) SO glad that Rhett's party was a hit! I think you are Super Mom for taking them to Chuck E Cheese. :)

Candy said...

oh, and I looked at the pile of shoes by my backdoor and almost thought about taking a pic, but was too lazy to get my camera. :)

Heather said...

Happy 8th b-day to sweet R!! I can still see you & I strolling around OBU campus with him as a teeny baby. I LOVE the pic of him in the backseat on the way to Conway & the one of he & your dad!! He does seem so big...
I hope you all have a wonderful spring break dear friend!!

Jacquie Wallace said...

Sweet post. I loved your list describing Rhett right now... it is almost identical to a list I would have written about Kale. (He reminds me SO much of him...so sweet to watch him growing up!)