I mentioned in the previous post that Rhett and Alexee have gone to visit with Grandparents for a few days. Therefore, it is unusually quiet and calm around here. I wasn't sure what to do after church today, so I took a nap. Crosby keeps asking where R & A are, and I keep telling him they're on a trip and we'll see them in a few days. He says okay, but then asks again after a while. I don't think he knows what to do either--I think he misses them. After he woke up from a nice nap this afternoon, we played outside. He told me he wanted to go out and "draw with chalks". He also had some pennies and a quarter in his pocket, so he wanted to try to find the ice cream truck again. Our timing was good because we did hear the ice cream truck music playing while we were outside. We hurried to the car to grab a dollar and walked to the corner of our street to wait.




Then we sat in the driveway while he ate. He was so sweet to offer me a bite. He has a thoughtful heart.
He wanted to help roll out the trash for pick-up. He's a good helper. He also got the broom out of the garage and swept the sidewalk.


While I really miss R & A, I know they're having so much fun, and this time alone with Crosby has been special. We've taken our time with meals, bath time, playing outside, reading books, etc. I usually feel so rushed in everything we do, so this slower pace has been nice for just a little while.


4 comments:
He looks SO big in these pics!!! Glad ya'll are enjoying some one on one time, fun!
It is so weird when you don't have the others...I realized how much I depend on Peyton to help me with things, when he was gone for 5 days to LR to see my parents. But it is such sweet time with the younger ones! Enjoy!
I think time alone with the babies of the family is essential! They were the last, so they've always had to share time! You are such a good momma....
What a precious little boy!! I want to squeeze him & talk to him on FTime again soon.
Post a Comment