Saturday, March 31, 2012

Boys' Check-ups & Purple Cow Part III

Right before spring break I received a jury duty summons, and yesterday I went to the courthouse for orientation. My service time is May - August. Lane had the day off so he was able to watch A & C yesterday, but I'm already worried about what I'll do with the kids if I call in and find out that I have to report for duty that week. The bailiff did tell us that these cases often settle outside of court, so I'm hopeful that will be true this summer.

the courthouse
From this window you can see the building where Lane and I used to work (tall building in the back).
Beautiful ceiling
The boys had their yearly check-ups with our pediatrician yesterday afternoon. I took them to the appointment while Lane took Alexee to her make-up gymnastics class, then we all met at Purple Cow for C's belated birthday meal.
C holding R's hand
R read a book to C while we waited, but I don't think he was listening. Crosby was really active while we were there. He does this little thing where he pretends to be in a boxing match, and when the doctor walked in C put his fists up to play and then actually punched Dr. B in the arm. This made Rhett laugh, which made Crosby want to do it even more--he loves to make us laugh! I guess pediatricians are used to things like that. (?)
I am SO GRATEFUL for healthy children. I do not take it for granted at all. I'm very very thankful that my only "concern" to discuss with the doctor was Crosby's eczema.
--Rhett measured 52" (75th percentile), 64# (78th percentile)
--Crosby measured 39" (84%), 38.5# (95%)
We didn't take many pictures at dinner. We got birthday milkshakes instead of scoops of ice cream this time--here are a few pictures that Lane took of me and the kids.
All three kids' 2012 birthdays have now officially been celebrated!
Today we met my parents at my niece's basketball game. "The Dazzlers" were playing here in town, so it was fun to see Jaiden play and then have lunch with my family after the game.
Jaiden is #11--she's tough! Micaela and Mario are the coaches.
We'd been there about 3 minutes when Rhett and Alexee started asking for something to drink. We were laughing about them definitely being my kids--more interested in snacks than what was going on in the ballgame!
Alexee & Jeryn
I wish Jeryn was in this picture. He ran over to the bench after the game to talk to his Dad.
The kids wanted to go to Olive Garden for lunch. Jaiden said, "I could eat there every day of my life!" After lunch Mo and Granddad gave Crosby a wheelbarrow for his birthday. He tried it out right there in the Olive Garden parking lot. :)
And here are just a few pictures of Alexee in the back yard when we got home.
She was so excited to see that she could create a rainbow with the water hose!
It has been a good weekend!

1 comments:

His Doorkeeper said...

Enjoyed all your pictures. The courthouse is beautiful!
The pic of Alexee looking down with the flower in her hair looks professional! So neat!