We just got back from a weekend trip to Branson, MO, with Lane's parents. We had such a good time there last year, so the kids could not wait to go again. They love hotels, and it made it even more exciting to have Grammy & Bobba at a hotel with them! Rhett went to school Thursday morning to take a math test, and Lane went to Thursday conference. I packed and then checked R out of school early (unfortunately he missed a fun class field trip that afternoon) and we left around 11:00. We stopped in Conway for lunch and made it to Branson by 4:00.
After checking into the hotel and moving a ridiculous amount of luggage to the 4th floor (I am going to have to become a better packer), we went to Pirate's Cove to play mini golf then went to a Japanese steakhouse for dinner. All three kids loved mini-golf. Crosby was so cute playing--he wasn't satisfied with just hitting the ball around while we played...he wanted to hit it in the hole every time even if it took 12-14 tries. :)
Golfers
![]() |
![]() |
They received pirate treat bags after the game:
![]() |
| This is one of Rhett's favorite meals--he ate every bite of his steak and some of Bob's, I think. |
![]() |
| Back at the hotel, they enjoyed ice cream for dessert. |
![]() |
| R & A ready for the amusement park! |
![]() |
| having cotton candy |
![]() |
| S $ City Train |
![]() |
| R & A watching the (goofy) train robbery skit |
![]() |
| Mmmm--frozen lemonade |
More pretty flowers and patriotic decorations!
She was tall enough to ride the tea cups alone this year, and wanted to show me that she could do it. I could barely see her head over the top. :)
She rode this one alone, too.
gorgeous hydrangea bushes
Our last two stops of the day: Candy store and funnel cake stand
![]() |
| ladies making peanut brittle |
![]() |
| It wouldn't be a trip to Silver Dollar City without this! |
That night we were all tired so Bob picked up pizza to eat at the hotel, then we took the kids to the pool. They could have stayed there for hours and hours--they love to splash and swim.
![]() |
| I thought it was sweet how Rhett was carrying her around. |
After baths, they gave Grammy her Mother's Day gift.
Happy Mother's Day, Rose Mary, we love you!
Bob, Rose Mary and the kids
(The kids have changed a lot in one short year!)
A fun Mother's Day Weekend 2012
the five of us, 5-12-12
I'm sorry that I forgot to take a picture of just Lane and his mom this year--It was a challenge, as always, to get the kids to cooperate for pictures so I just wasn't thinking.We went to Branson Landing for lunch on Saturday. I'd promised Lane I wouldn't laugh when they put the bib on him, but when they brought him one that said "Crabby Daddy-O", I had to take his picture. :)
Garners 2012
Thank you, Bob & Rose Mary, for spending this time with us!














































1 comments:
What a fun weekend! Did you make Rose Mary's picture frame? It was so creative & pretty!
Post a Comment