Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mother's Day

I'm behind in posting this, but I had a really sweet Mother's Day.  The kids worked so hard to make it special for me.  Rhett started my day by bringing me a cup of coffee in bed (caramel drizzle from the Keurig--he'd asked me a while back what flavor I liked best).  They made me some colorful paper jewelry and  jewelry box, and Rhett wrapped an empty box for me which he said contained a kiss.  :)  Here are some of the other nice things they did for me:
                                           
 Alexee did this at MDO--these are always so cute to me:
 And Crosby did this precious pendant at MDO:  
Rhett speaks my love language:  coupons for free car wash, making of my bed, bathing of Crosby and breakfast in bed!  And they don't expire until 2013!  Thank you, Rhett, I'll be using these soon!
 Another sweet MDO craft from Alexee
Unfortunately, Lane had to work on Sunday so were on our own for our photos.  Rhett took some and also used his tripod for a group picture.

my baby boy, age 3
 my precious girl, age 5
 my big boy, age 8
(who will also always be my "baby" boy)
 Three blessings!
 I love them beyond words.  
 Four blessings--Bogart wanted in the picture!  ha!
 Crosby wanted to be the photographer :)
Since Purple Cow is my favorite restaurant (at least according to Alexee), we went there for Mother's Day dinner Sunday night.  We missed Lane, but the kids were very good and ate a lot.  They split a purple shake for dessert.  It was a fun dinner out.
*****
I wish I could have spent some time with my Mom and Grandmother on Mother's Day.  I am so thankful for both of them and look forward to seeing them very soon.
with Mom back in March
My Mom is one of four girls.  She and her sisters took my Grandmother to dinner last Sunday, and I liked the picture she e-mailed me:  Rhonda, Linda, Grandmother, Mom and Donna
I'm also grateful for a wonderful mother-in-law.  I enjoyed getting to spend time with her and my father-in-law on our trip to Branson.  Here's a recent picture of them with the kids.
Hope you had a Happy Mother's Day, too!

1 comments:

Ryan V. said...

Sorry your hubby had to work, but looks like you had a great Mother's Day with your kiddos. What a blessing to have three healthy children (and dog)! haha You look great in those pictures, too!