Thursday, May 17, 2012

Kindergarten Safari

Alexee...fall 2007
This just does not seem real to me, but on Tuesday Alexee and I went to "Kindergarten Safari" at her soon-to-be school.  She was excited about going, but she was a little bit shy once we walked in and everyone started talking to her.  She wasn't sure about the hat and the glasses, and I had to gently push her over to the backdrop to have her picture made.  BUT by the time I picked her up (the parents attended an informational meeting in the dining room while the kids did activities) she was very comfortable and having so much fun with her friends.  We're lucky to have several little girls that she already knows starting with her.  I've heard there will be eight kindergarten classes this fall, so she may not be in class with any of these friends, but at least she can find them on the playground!
I'm also glad she'll have a big brother on campus with her.  She seemed to relax a little bit when one of the staff members asked her if she knew anyone at the school, and she said her brother was a 2nd grader there.  The lady said, "Ohhh, sweet Rhett--we LOVE Rhett!" That made her smile.  :)   
 Addison & Alexee--they always have fun together!
love her expression here!
 Kiley, Alexee, Addison & Natalie
She made this picture frame during their craft time.  They had animal crackers for a snack, and they printed a picture to take home for their new frame.
I know she'll be a great student!  I look forward to a fun year ahead.

2 comments:

Candy said...

Can't believe she will start Kindergarten!!! Ella graduates from K next week, makes me so sad! I know she'll have a great school year and having Rhett at her school will def be an added bonus! :)

sandra said...

I can't believe that Alexee will start kindergarten next fall. If we lived in the states, Schäfer would start too. I haven't really thought about all of that because I've been trying to figure out homeschool. It seems like all of this is coming way too fast.