Thursday, May 17, 2012

Take a Look, It's In a Book

Today was the Accelerated Reading (AR) Celebration at Rhett's school.  It has been a busy week of preparation for this year-end party.  Last semester there were approximately 140 students that reached their reading goals, and today I think there were 246 kids invited to the party!  I hope they all had fun--I know Rhett did!

The three students with the most AR points from each grade get their names on Hollywood posters like this.  I was so proud of Rhett--he was 1st place for 2nd grade!
The class with the most points in each grade gets a large trophy to display for the semester.  R's class only missed the trophy by 5.5 points--really close!
table decorations
Rhett and his friend Gabriel
Some of R's classmates:  Katelynn, Madeline & Brianna
1st and 2nd place winners (3rd place winner was absent)
Good job, Rhett!
We are really proud of you, and we're so glad you enjoy reading.  Keep up the good work!
Tomorrow is field day, and Alexee has a gymnastics program on Saturday--Wow, May has been a busy month!

3 comments:

sandra said...

Yeah Rhett!

Anonymous said...

Proud of Rhett.
Phil and Babs

His Doorkeeper said...

Always found a child who loves to read usually does VERY well in all his school years! I'm sure this will be Rhett! Congrats to Rhett!!