Last week I went out to refill the bird feeder, and I saw Aurora sitting there! The chipped pink nail polish on "her" (?) shell let me know that it was her, but just to make sure, I got a cracker from the pantry to see if she'd eat it. She did. Hopefully we'll be seeing her around all summer. The kids were happy to hear that she came back.
She had Wheat Thin crumbs on her mouth.
Last week was also Kindergarten Safari for the incoming class. While the new students toured the kinder classrooms, the current students went to visit first grade. :( This school year FLEW by. Alexee has had such a fun year...I'm really sad for her to move on to 1st grade already. Rhett has already warned her that she'd better get ready because it's a lot more serious and you don't get to do nearly as many fun activities. (Thanks, Rhett! ha)
Thursday was Crosby's last day of school until August. He took his teachers these blue pitchers with patriotic cups and straws and a recipe for mint tea.He's wearing swim clothes because it was water day--where they get to play outside in the sprinkler. He's always excited about that!
We've loved his sweet teachers, Mrs. Vicki and Mrs. Roxanne!
Friday was the second semester Accelerated Reading party for 1st-5th grade. It's always a lot of work, but I think it's a fun event for the kids. These are the only pictures I took for some reason. I was busy handing out books, and Rhett left the party early to go back to work on a special project for culture club so I didn't even get a picture of him.
After school we hurried home to work on the papier mache Stonehenge project (for culture club) with my friend Ali and R's friends Lawson and Boston. They present their project this Friday. Boston's mother is an art teacher, so she helped the boys build the form with chicken wire and layers of newspaper. We did another layer then painted the structures. Friday night I picked up a pizza for the kids then I was asleep on the couch as soon as they went to bed. It had been a long day...a long week, actually. The next morning day we went to Hot Springs for our nephew's graduation. I'll do a post on that soon.












1 comments:
What adorable teacher gifts! Just precious.
Post a Comment