Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Art Projects

Here are a few little things I've been working on recently...

hair bow holder for my friend Ali's little girl
burlap hanger for a friend hosting a nautical-themed baby shower
hair bow holders for two sisters, Sydney and Cara:
And I just finished this giraffe for a friend's (child's) teacher who is expecting a boy.  I love to do the ribbon on these, and I especially liked the blue and grey chevron for this one.  I've done several hair bow holders for baby girls, but had never really thought of a way to use the ribbon on a painting for a baby boy.  I decided to try a small square canvas (this one is 10x10") as a door knob hanger for this blue and grey nursery.  The bow holder canvases are 5x5" and thicker...maybe I'll try that size for a door knob sometime, just without the long ribbon for the bows...
Each time I paint I have to search the (unorganized) laundry room cabinet for my paints and brushes and move stacks of "junk" out of the closet to get to the bin of ribbon.  I dream of someday having a  designated painting space!  Tonight I searched Pinterest just to see what I might find...and realized that it's probably best I don't have this because I'd never want to leave! :)
What fun it would be to have this in the back yard!!  
*****
BUT back to reality now!  I have to put aside all art projects for a while and focus on helping R with his 3rd grade science fair project.  Science is not my thing AT ALL.  I can't even seem to make myself reread the information packet that explains what the project has to include--ha!

3 comments:

sandra said...

I'm with you on the backyard studio. I'd never leave either!

Claire said...

I'd love a little shed for writing....but like you, I fear I'd never leave!

Leslie said...

You are amazingly talented!!