These beautiful flowers were blooming at C's school one cold, rainy SPRING day this week. We have had the craziest weather this year.
I keep seeing recipes for making your own sugar scrub on Pinterest, so I decided to try this one for Ginger and Coconut Sugar Scrub. I couldn't find lemongrass oil at the grocery store (I really didn't know what I was looking for), and I bought a jar of ground ginger instead of chopping it myself so I skipped the mesh sieve step. It's been great for my hands. I'll definitely make it again and try to find the lemongrass oil for more scent.
GINGER & COCONUT SUGAR SCRUB
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tablespoon ginger, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup cold-pressed oil (tea seed, grape seed, sunflower, or almond oil) *I used almond
3/4 cup granulated or turbinado sugar
1/4 cup kosher salt
1-4 drops essential oil (ex. lemongrass)
In a small saucepan over low heat heat the coconut oil and ginger pieces. Continue heating for 5-10 minutes until ginger scent and juice has transferred into the oil. Remove from heat and press through a fine mesh sieve or through a coffee filter.
While the oil is still warm, mix together with cold-pressed oil. Stir to combine and allow to come to room temperature. Stir in sugar and salt. Scent with essential oils as desired. Pack into a container.
To Use: Massage into damp skin and allow to sit 2-4 minutes. Using a washcloth covered in warm water, steam over face or stand in a steamy shower for a minute. Using the wet washcloth, wipe excess from skin. Rinse and repeat until oil is washed away.
1 tablespoon ginger, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup cold-pressed oil (tea seed, grape seed, sunflower, or almond oil) *I used almond
3/4 cup granulated or turbinado sugar
1/4 cup kosher salt
1-4 drops essential oil (ex. lemongrass)
In a small saucepan over low heat heat the coconut oil and ginger pieces. Continue heating for 5-10 minutes until ginger scent and juice has transferred into the oil. Remove from heat and press through a fine mesh sieve or through a coffee filter.
While the oil is still warm, mix together with cold-pressed oil. Stir to combine and allow to come to room temperature. Stir in sugar and salt. Scent with essential oils as desired. Pack into a container.
To Use: Massage into damp skin and allow to sit 2-4 minutes. Using a washcloth covered in warm water, steam over face or stand in a steamy shower for a minute. Using the wet washcloth, wipe excess from skin. Rinse and repeat until oil is washed away.
Lane's parents came through town for a visit on Friday. The kids were really excited to see them after school! They played Legos and board games and ate spaghetti here, and Lane and I went out for dinner at Bonefish.
Saturday morning we took the kids swimming at the athletic club, then Rhett and I spent the afternoon working on his science project. He decided to do an experiment with Joey to see if he preferred fruits or vegetables as treats. Every morning last week, Mon. - Fri., R was ready for school early so that he could cut up the food for Joey and have it in his cage by 6:45. He left it for 15 minutes then measured how much Joey had eaten and recorded the findings in his notebook. He did a great job writing out all the steps of the scientific method and designing the display board. I'm glad that is DONE!
Before church this morning I made waffles and the kids decorated them as faces using fruit, chocolate chips and whipped cream.
![]() |
| Alexee's, Rhett's, Crosby's |







1 comments:
What fun! I will certainly be trying that scrub - love making little treats.
Post a Comment