Friday, May 24, 2013

Kindergarten Field Day

On Thursday, Crosby and I spent the morning helping A's class with field day.  It was nice this year because Pre-K and Kindergarten had their field day separate from grades 1-5 so it was not crazy and crowded like last year.  AND the weather was beautiful.  It never seemed hot at all, which is unusual for May here.  The classes had color-coded t-shirts making it easy to keep up with your class as you traveled from station to station...great idea!  Their first stop was tug-of-war.  The kids were all so sweet and supportive of each other throughout the day.  I commented on that to Mrs. D and she said that's something they've really worked on this year.  Just another reason we love her!
Their next activity was karate, and what a fun one that was!  As you'll notice in most of these pictures, Crosby (in the plaid shorts) just joins right in and pretends he is a member of the K class.  I hope he is this cooperative when he actually starts school!  They all looked cute and serious doing their moves.
The bubble station was another favorite.
Alexee really didn't want to get wet for some reason, but she participated anyway (with some encouragement from both her teacher and myself).  The sponge relay was exciting for them, and most didn't mind the water at all.
Alexee and Chloe (on the far right) were the only two kids with dry shirts after this station.
Last stop before lunch:  the huge parachute
It was a busy, fun-filled day.  I think the kids were all tired.  I know I was!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Loved the way kids were playing at bubble station.
Twitter manager Australia