It was a nice Mother's Day! The kids and I went to church (L had to work nights this weekend) then we went to my sister's house and Mom and Dad met us there. We worked in the garden and the kids played and had a great time. It was a beautiful day--it was a blessing to be outside and be with my family.
So very thankful for my mom and sister!
Love you both!
Crosby and Jeryn were interested in helping Mario move the railroad ties.
Micaela kept us all busy! :)
Mom & Dad
Crosby was so cute working in the garden with his shovel.
Alexee and Jeryn found some earthworms in the yard and added them to the garden soil.
Mom and the horses
Crosby stayed interested the longest of any of the kids. He helped plant the corn. I told him it would be the best corn ever!
We took a break for snacks and Mother's Day gifts. I took this Boston Cream Cake from Fresh Market but was not impressed with it--the kids agreed. It was icy in the middle. :( I won't buy another one of those. Micaela gave me the cute potted plant behind the cake, and mom and dad brought us each a new bird feeder & seed, fresh Arkansas strawberries and a strawberry jar of hen & chicks!
We've planted, from left to right:
lettuce (already coming up!)
onions
squash
zucchini
cucumbers
dill
okra
corn
cabbage
cantaloupe and watermelon--in the hills outside of the ties
a border of sunflowers along the back side
still to plant: tomatoes and herbs in a separate/smaller container bed
I was excited about the new plants for the deck!
I hung the new bird feeder this morning. We've seen several birds on it already, and the hummingbirds have discovered their food too. Rhett mentioned getting a bird bath...I think that might be our next project.
*****
Also wishing a Happy Mother's Day to
my Grandmother...
...and to Lane's Mother.
WE LOVE YOU!!!
*****
This is unrelated, but I got several inches cut off of my hair today...I hope I don't regret it!?!? It's all one length now--no layers--for the first time in a really long time. I was in the mood for a change for the summer.























2 comments:
Love the family gardening! Hope you reap all the goodies when they mature! The Boston Creme Cake looks so pretty....too bad it wasn't good. I always made those 'cause Chris loved them. I took the easy way...yellow cake sliced in layers, fill with instant vanilla pudding and icing made of chocolate and powdered sugar poured on top! It was always easy and good!
LOVE YOUR HAIR! So cute!
I love your new haircut! Looks great!
Post a Comment