Continuing on in the busy month of May...
This week has been Teacher Appreciation Week at school. There were school-wide themes on Mon/Wed/Fri that the kids were encouraged to get involved in:
Monday: "We're Sweet on You!", Kids took a candy/sweet for their teachers.
Wednesday: "Thanks for Helping us Grow", Kids took flowers/plants for their teachers.
Friday: "Thankful for You", Kids (and parents) made cards/handwritten notes for teachers.
Wednesday
Thursday morning was the Mother's Day art show at Crosby's school. Crosby had told me that morning, "We made flower pots for our moms, but it's a surprise so we're not supposed to tell them." :) I always love the fill-in-the-blank questions by the kids. It made me laugh that he said bacon is my favorite food! I have no idea where he got that!? And I loved that he said I am 10 years old. I guess lots of bacon in your diet will keep you young!
I loved my surprise flower pot!! He was so proud to get to show it to me!
Isn't he a cutie?
photo by Crosby
The kids' artwork was displayed throughout the classroom--very sweet.
Here are a few pages from his Pre-K3 portfolio--It is always a treat to get the year-end binder of their work/photos! He's had a lot of fun this year. His teachers have been so sweet to him, and he always runs right in and starts playing (he usually goes straight for the Batman toys).After the art show I went to our school prayer group and brunch at Kim's house. It was our last meeting for the semester. It's really been such a blessing to me to get to know these girls better and to pray for our kids together. Kim has this beautiful screened in porch that she's been so generous to share with us throughout the year. It's our favorite place to gather...even in the winter she always had a cozy fire built. It was great to get to eat lunch there yesterday. Natalie picked up Peck's Special Salads from Trio's, I made caramel pecan tarts and raspberry meringue tarts and Kim made banana nut bread and mint tea. I should have taken pictures of people too I guess! :) A fun morning!










0 comments:
Post a Comment