My sister and I finally got started on the garden (at her house) on Tuesday. We've been trying for several weeks to get it planted, but the weather hasn't cooperated. The weather has been perfect this week so we decided we'd work on it while the kids were at school. There will still be plenty left to do later when they can help us. I was on my way there when Rhett called from school to remind me about his Egypt presentation from 1:00-2:00. I had to leave Micaela's earlier than I'd planned, but we got a lot done. We planted onions, lettuce, squash, zucchini and cucumbers that morning. We plan to add corn, okra, pumpkins, cabbage, tomatoes, herbs, etc. It should be a fun summer project!
It was so peaceful working there!
I made it to school in time for R's GT presentation on Egypt. He did a great job! Each student did a PowerPoint presentation on the Egyptian ruler of their choice. Rhett did his research on Thutmose III. He didn't seem nervous at all. I asked him later if he was, and he said, "No, I don't like being nervous so I tell myself not to be and I'm not. Besides, I've been doing presentations since Kindergarten so I'm used to them."
The class also learned about the Egyptian Book of the Dead, but they decided it would be nice to make a list of advice for the living instead. Rhett presented that as well. I was so proud of him. It's really hard for me to believe he's almost a 4th grader!!??






0 comments:
Post a Comment