It's kind of fun to me to plug my phone in every few weeks and see what I've snapped pictures of recently...just every-day type stuff...
***
1) A slice of buttermilk pie (that I should have covered with a foil "tent" a few minutes sooner!).

This recipe is from His Doorkeeper, and it's one of my favorite desserts.
Buttermilk Pie
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
3 T flour, rounded
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp. vanilla
dash of nutmeg
Cream butter and sugar. Beat in flour and eggs. Stir in buttermilk, vanilla and nutmeg. Pour in pie crust. Bake 45-50 minutes at 380. Cover with foil tent along the way if it looks like it's getting too brown on top.
Pie Crust--Mom's recipe
1 1/3 c. sifted flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. Crisco
3 T water
Combine flour and salt. Cut in Crisco with pastry blender until mixture is uniform (should be fairly course). Sprinkle with water, a tablespoon at a time. Toss with fork, work dough into ball and roll out crust.
2) Alexee is pretty much potty-trained! (2 years, 9 months) She quit wearing Pull-ups to MDO about two or three weeks ago. She'd been going without a Pull-up at home for a few weeks before that. She's doing great! (Still sleeps in one.) She loves these PJs. She calls them her "pretty girl jammies" because they have little girls on them.
3) Crosby's first time to sit in a high chair at a restaurant. :) This was after school one day when we went to get Monster Milkshakes.
4) Sweet, sweet words by Rhett!
5) Reading a Curious George book to Alexee in her room one morning. I love it when she sits beside me in her chair.
6) Crosby's first time to sit in a shopping cart. (I might get a little carried away with the "firsts" since this is my last!) This was at Hobby Lobby this morning. Fall stems 50% off!
7) Cute ponytail holders I bought for A today. Can't wait for her to wear them!
8) The weather was PERFECT today--78ish, I think. I love fall! Rhett wanted to look at the top of the car while we were waiting for time to get A in pick-up line.
9) Since the weather was so beautiful, we met Ali & her kiddos at the park after school--always fun. Alexee & Maylee throwing rocks.
10) Lawson & Rhett at the park.
11) Fall stems purchased at Hobby Lobby and jars of hedgeapples that Mom picked for me and brought last weekend (Thanks, Mom).
12) Close-ups of hedgeapples. They have a funny smell, but I like the way the look--they're a pretty shade of green.


3 comments:
Jamie, I'm glad you put your Mom's recipe in for a pie crust with my recipe for Buttermilk pie. I love making pies but I'm terrible with pie crust. Pillsbury and I usually collaborate quite well on the pie crust!!
I LOVE your hedgeapples in glass! That is a great look!
I may have to ask Brenda for some. What do they use them for? Do the horses eat them?
I love all your pics from Crosby's dedication! Such a wonderful family moment! My favorite pic of him was sitting in Randy's lap! So sweet! I also loved the pic of Alexee holding the football! Precious!
The stories your phone can tell!
That shot of A on the toilet is priceless.
I love all the pictures! I still don't let Harper sit up in the front of the buggy. We tried it once and she wore me out but we are about to switch her to the bigger car seat which means I can no longer put the seat in the cart and that makes me sad.
I've never heard of hedge apples but I love the way they look!!!
Post a Comment