Saturday, September 19, 2009

Game day attire

This evening we went to Chili's for dinner, and I dressed the kids in their new football outfits in honor of game day. I got full on chips and salsa (yum!) before my meal even arrived. As a group of three was leaving the table beside ours, one of the ladies stopped and said, "Your children are so good." I said, "Oh, thank you!", and she replied, "No, thank you!" After she left, Lane and I agreed that she should probably just stick around for another twenty minutes or so and she could see some fireworks! All three kids did have one of their better restaurant nights tonight, which was nice, and I appreciated the encouragement from the nice lady. I usually feel like we make a big scene everywhere we go and feel like everyone around us wishes we'd just get our food to go!


My pictures didn't work like I'd planned on the Razorback blanket, but I'll try again soon. I've been looking for a plain white turtleneck for Alexee's outfit-I'd like to have an 'A' or 'Arkansas' monogrammed on it, but I can't seem to find a turtleneck anywhere. Maybe it's still too early in the season? I thought that would be easy enough to find?
I kept saying, "Rhett, are you SURE you can hold him?" R was laughing and saying (in a strained voice), "Yes, but hurry and snap the picture!"
I forget what Alexee got mad about--I think she tried to run away and tripped over the blanket on the floor and fell down.
He is such a HAPPY little guy! I love love love this sweet, cereal-covered smile.
Go Hogs!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh love your family in their razorback gear!!! They are SO cute! You have wonderful kids!

Jill said...

So cute and sweet! Try Land's End for turtlenecks...

Kristy said...

That is too cute Jamie! I'm so proud of you guys for doing well in the restaurant. I know how hard that is. And to get a compliment! Wow!

His Doorkeeper said...

I love Rhett holding Crosby! And Alexee's little turn-down smile.......so funny! I love your family pictures!

Brittney said...

I found your blog through a friend's and I hope you don't mind that I'm commenting! We're huge Razorback fans here too! I noticed our little boys are very close in age (mine was born March 27th). Crosby is adorable--all 3 of your "babies" are. :)

Pigtails & Pearls said...

They look adorable! I love the outfits!

on the eastern journey said...

I always feel the same way too when people tell me that Schäfer is so good. Errr... just wait about 5 minutes and you'll see the "fireworks!" Love that description.