Thursday, September 3, 2009

Rachel's sugar cookie recipe

Mom made these last time I was home, and I ate more of them than I want to tell. I copied the recipe and have made them twice since then. (I do a half-batch because it makes a LOT.) Rachel passed away, but she was my parents' sweet sweet neighbor. She was always fun to stop and talk to. She had a beautiful garden every summer and would share great things from it. At Christmas time she'd bake lots of delicious goodies to share. These cookies were one of those holiday treats!


Rachel's Sugar Cookies
--Mix together:
1 cup butter
1 cup oil
2 eggs
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
--Add:
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. soda

Drop onto cookie sheet (I used ungreased sheets and it worked fine). Mash with a sugared glass and bake at 375.

Once you start eating them, it's hard to stop!

1 comments:

Pigtails & Pearls said...

Well I will definitely be trying these at my Christmas Cookie Party!! I cannot wait.