Rhett with his Bobba & Grammy
Yesterday Rhett's class celebrated Grandparents' Day by inviting Grandparents to come spend part of the day at school. Lane's parents were able to visit, which was great--Rhett was so excited! I wish I could have been there to take pictures, but they reported afterward that they had a great time. Rhett was lucky enough to be King of the Jungle yesterday (one of the classroom roles that they take turns doing...others are Polite Polly, Ziggy Zebra, and my personal favorite Hygiene Hippo). Grammy said that when they walked into the classroom, Rhett was wearing a crown and sitting on the throne. She said his eyes lit up and he ran over to give them hugs. They also did a handprint craft, a family tree craft, the class sang a Grandparents song ("You are my Grandpa, You are my Grandma" to the tune of "You are my Sunshine"). They had their picture made and then had lunch together in the cafeteria.
After the morning at school, they came to our house to see Crosby and Alexee. The weather was gorgeous, so after I picked R up they played outside for a while.
Playing bumper cars with the Big Wheel and the stroller:
(I just planted these mums earlier this week--one of my favorite things about fall--mums on the front porch. I'd like to add a nice fall wreath on the door.)
Rhett on the Big Wheel:
Alexee riding in the stroller:


Rhett on the Big Wheel:
Alexee riding in the stroller:
Thank you for coming to be a part of this special day!

********
Since we were having company for lunch yesterday, I made tortellini soup. This is the recipe from my friend, Ali. She made it for us when Alexee was born and I thought it was delicious.
Tortellini Soup
3 cans chicken broth
1 pkg (9 oz) refrigerated cheese tortellini
1 can (15 oz) navy beans, rinsed & drained
1 can (14 1/2 oz) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
1 1/2 tsp. dried basil
1 T red wine/cider vinegar
shredded parmesan and ground pepper
In a large saucepan, bring broth to a oil. Stir in tortellini. Reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in beans, tomatoes and basil. Simmer 4-6 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in vinegar. Sprinkle with parmesan and pepper.
Serves 4-6.




1 comments:
What a special day! I love Rose Mary! She is so nice! The soup sounds great!
Gretchan
Post a Comment