Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Last weekend

Last Saturday Lane had to be at the hospital early, but he didn't have to stay very long so we were able to take the kids to get donuts and go to the zoo. We went to Krispy Kreme this time...sometimes we go there, sometimes we go to Shipley's because it's usually not as busy. Lane thinks KK has the best donuts. I really like the hot ones at KK, but if comparing cold, plain-glazed donuts, I prefer Shipley.

Here we are at the entrance while waiting on Lane to go back to the car to get my ID because they wouldn't let us in without both adults' IDs--annoying rule (especially when one child is crying and two are fighting to get into the zoo first).
The kids like riding the carousel and always run around the circle to find just the right horses.
After baths one night they got the idea to dress up a bear and a frog in PJs. Alexee never plays with dolls, but she did take good care of her frog. Rhett "fed" his bear using one of Crosby's baby bowls and spoons, and then I saw him burping him.
I love the 6 months size--it's so fun to see him sit and reach for toys. He still falls over some, so I surround him with pillows if I'm not sitting right beside him.
Sunday evening Alexee was invited to our neighbor's birthday party at The Little Gym. Crosby went with us while Lane and Rhett went to Home Depot and went to dinner. Alexee had fun at the party. She was shy when the party leader asked her to stand up, say her name and do a trick. She liked the big, colorful parachute. There was pizza and cute Wizard of Oz cupcakes with pretty pink icing...a fun night!

1 comments:

on the eastern journey said...

I LOVE Alexee's fall dress. It is so sweet.