Sunday, October 10, 2010

Dallas Weekend

Lane and I just got back this afternoon from a fun weekend away in Dallas. We went to the Arkansas football game at Cowboys Stadium on Saturday. Our parents were so great to keep the kids while we were gone. We met my Mom after school on Thursday for Alexee to spend the weekend at their house, and Lane's parents came to our house on Friday morning to keep the boys.

This is at McDonald's on Thursday. We got out of the car to stretch our legs and have a milkshake with Mo. Crosby kept trying to stand on the table.
Mom brought me two bags full of fall decor for my table: pinecones, orange berries and hickory nuts. (thanks, Mom!) I couldn't wait to get home and put everything on the table.
Friday evening we ate dinner at Abuelo's and stopped at Cheesecake Factory to get dessert to-go. (We have to eat healthier this week!)
Saturday morning we had a big brunch and then went to the stadium early to look around. W-O-W is it an impressive place! I'm not a football fan, but I was never bored--I had a lot of fun looking around, and I even watched the game and cheered (well, as best I could--I can rarely tell where the ball is or what's going on, but I did try!).
We played Texas A&M (and beat them!).
The Aggie Band was really fun to watch.
QB Ryan Mallett
AR Band
***
Mom & Dad kept us updated via texts about what was going on back at their house...
Alexee found a woolly worm and made a home for it in a jar
Mo took her for a ride on Banner
She spent time with Granddad riding the farm buggy, etc.
Dad told me that when they told her today was the day she would go back home she said, "No, I'm not supposed to go home until Wednesday." :) Bob met my Dad this afternoon to get Alexee. Bob said that she told him she didn't want to stop at our house, she just wanted to go straight to their place. I guess she wasn't too homesick!

And Grammy, Bobba and the boys stayed really busy here too. Friday they all had lunch with R at his school, Bobba picked R up from school and they went to Happy Hour at Sonic. Bobba & Rhett also went to the library, went out for donuts on Saturday, had lunch at Purple Cow and went to the children's museum. Today they all went to lunch at Frankie's Cafeteria, and Rose Mary said both boys ate great! I guess we need to take them back there--they ate veggies and even got balloons! I wish I had pictures of all their activities, but I did take this one of everyone before Grammy & Bobba had to leave. Rhett was missing them tonight. He said he was glad we were home, but he wished Grammy & Bobba could have stayed here even after we got back.
THANK YOU, Grandparents, for all your help with the kids! We appreciate it SO much!

7 comments:

Jacquie said...

I thought I saw A run through the front of the church (from my crow's nest position) this morning. I asked Dave if he saw you... he said he thought he only saw A. Guess he was right.

What a fun game to get to go to. Yay for a little fun time away together!

on the eastern journey said...

So fun!

Katie said...

I love your fall decorations! I've been trying to figure out what to fill a hurricane vase with and those are certainly good ideas! It's so neat that your kiddos love spending time with their grandparents so much-- I remember those days too. Your family is just too sweet!

In His Army said...

Your decorations look awesome! I'm glad you guys had a fun weekend!

His Doorkeeper said...

So glad you two had a great time at the game. i would love to see the Aggie band again...they are great!

Saw Alexee in church Sunday a.m. and she had her dolls on lined up on the pew with her! So cute!

We get H for a week this Wed. PRAY for us!!

Flo and Grace said...

Like we always say...the Aggies may lose the game (haha....over the past decade, we have lost SEVERAL games!) but we never lose a halftime! ; ) Looks like you guys had a great time!

The Jennings said...

So glad yall got to go to Dallas! Loved the pictures!

Gretchan