Monday, October 4, 2010

Garner Girls

It has been a busy Monday. This morning I volunteered to take photos at Grandparents' Day at R's school. I walked the boys in (R and our neighbor), and then I got to take pictures of the cute Pre-K kiddos with their special guests. A & C were able to stay home with Lane, which made things much easier (well, for me anyway). I got home just in time to go with them to A's gymnastics class. She was VERY excited that her Daddy was able to go watch her today. I always get a workout during her class too...chasing Crosby around the waiting area. He is one busy 18 month old!

We hurried home for lunch and the kids' naps, and soon it was time to go pick up the boys at school. It was such a beautiful afternoon that we didn't even come inside for a snack--we just went straight from the car to the front yard to ride bikes and play with the neighbors. We stayed out until almost dinner time and then went to Dixie Cafe to eat because Rhett had won the title of "Dixie Cafe's Little Person of the Week" for the second time and he had a certificate for a free kid's meal, complete with dessert. (It's not really my favorite restaurant, but they do have yummy chocolate shakes and the rolls and honey always keep the kids busy until the meals arrive.)

The picture above was taken today at lunch. I sat down to eat beside Lex on a bar stool and she put her arm around me and asked Lane if he would take our picture when he was finished eating...made my day! As we pulled into the parking lot of Dixie Cafe tonight she saw me putting on lip gloss and asked if she could have some. I passed it back to her. On the way inside she said, "You let me put on your lipgloss and make-up...that's why I love you." :) (Hopefully that's just one of the reasons, but it was still sweet. I think she was trying to say that it made her feel special.) :)

2 comments:

The Jennings said...

Alexee looks so proud of her mommy in that picture! Sweet girl!

Gretchan

Jacquie said...

I think you're right... she probably feels like a princess when you let her share your makeup. That IS a cute photo!