Today was Grandparent/Special Guest Day for the 1st Graders. Alexee, Crosby and I attended as R's "special guests". This was A's first time to see R's new school, so she was excited about that. We had muffins, coffee and juice in the dining hall (we're not supposed to call it the "lunch-room"), then we went to R's classroom for a demonstration of their morning routine and some of their math activities.
Here we are in line for muffins.

The nice lady behind us in line goes to our church and offered to take a picture of all of us. I guess Crosby & I should have worn orange to coordinate with R, A and the stroller.

The kids enjoyed the snacks. I thought C was so cute sitting there on the stool with the big kids.

Back in the classroom, the students stood up and recited the school creed for the guests.

Mrs. H had the class count by 2s using their smart board game. Their classroom is a little more technologically advanced than my 1st grade classroom was.

Rhett was asked to adjust the temperature to 85 on the thermometer. He did it just right! :)

The rest of these photos were taken from Alexee's vantage point during the presentation. I was trying to keep her busy, and having her be the photographer seemed to help.






0 comments:
Post a Comment